Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Perhaps what you’re thinking of is quoting rather than sharing a post which is a link to the entire post.
You can quote a part of a post like a sentence out of an entire paragraph, or even quote the entire post but it still puts things inside the quote markdowns.

[quote=“misswillowinlove, post:1045, topic:38213”]
Share button? Am I again
[/quote]

[quote=“misswillowinlove, post:1045, topic:38213”]
Share button? Am I again not seeing what is in front of me?
[/quote]

2 Likes

See this is why us creative types need focus and direction.

(Giphy)

3 Likes

Done and done!
badges1
Didn’t really learn anything that I hadn’t figured out on my own through lots of trial and error (and questions to other members), but at least now I am ‘official’. :rofl:

What’s next? What’s next? Just kidding, I am not exactly looking for badge-shaped itches to scratch, but if they come my way, so be it.

7 Likes

photofunky

2 Likes

Screenshot_20210713-165112_Messages

2 Likes

Screenshot_20210713-165130_Messages

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::dancer::woman_cartwheeling::man_cartwheeling:

That’s probably true for a lot of us despite everyone would have been PM’d to learn all of this as soon as we joined Discussions.
How much less trial and error or asking questions could have been saved if we had just done things in order, I didn’t do the tutorials until a year later! :rofl:

This badge, like the tutorial badges, is another that requires the user to do certain task to get it. (another one I didn’t do until a year later :stuck_out_tongue:) whereas the other badges are gained through participation in Discussions.

3 Likes

Exactly. Oh well, maybe learning it on my own makes me appreciate it more. Learning a new skill is always time well spent. This is not my first foray into an online discussion forum, so some basics are pretty universal. Earning badges, however, is a new and entertaining phenomenon.

4 Likes

Wow, you’re really speeding through everything we veterans had to grovel, run around for hours, bang closed doors and shed blood, sweat and tears for (kidding!) :joy:
tumblr_p6qzd9FGp91sh8uxlo3_500

also, could someone please tell me where this gif is from? it’s so cute! :heart_eyes::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/A_Poem_a_Day I think, according to the name in the left corner, it’s this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! I don’t have my Hangul keyboard on this device and it made me feel so helpless being able to read the name in the corner but unable to find the drama with english keywords :sweat_smile:

I just googled sireul ijeun geudaeege :joy: And that gave me the link I posted. Romanizing things works sometimes

2 Likes

Businesses USA

And for some reason I have been in and out of JAIL for TWO DAYS :purple_heart:

I posted something to the wrong thread again and am taking it to the right thread. Sorry.

1 Like

Did you do the introduction how to use the html coding in the editor, like the link shortcuts or bullets, etc (some are already in the editor dashboard like bold and italics).

2 Likes

This badge seems also not working or has anyone this in your badge collection? :joy:

3 Likes

The promoter badges are like the First reply by email badge, certain features can be turned on/off like the email part. They require an email element to be enabled to invite from outside Discussions.

At the moment the Invite button only allows you to invite @UserName and they are already joined in Discussions!

As to why they don’t remove the badges that can’t be collected. Someone did put in a request to the people who developed Discourse, if they could remove individual badges from the display (probably getting the same why can’t I get… question on their forum too :rofl:) and Discourse replied they had no plans to make that possible.

2 Likes

That was all part of the ‘lessons’ I completed to earn the above badges. I don’t know if I’ll ever be fancy enough to use some of the functions. :grin:

1 Like

Uncollectible badges !?! :woman_shrugging:t5: Who knew!? Discourse’s attitude in response :woman_facepalming:t5: :roll_eyes: They just love giving users an impossible badge to aim at collecting.

3 Likes

:rofl: Haa!-Ha! You are “Certifiable” Fancy and don’t forget you’ve also got The “License” :sob: :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes