Bbyul? Know what this means?

Can anyone tell me what this means? Can’t find translation anywhere. They seem to pronounce it with P not a B though.

3 Likes

Where did you come across this?

Byul means ‘star.’ Not sure about Bbyul.

As Naver Dictionary doesn’t show any results for bbyul (뼐) is should be byul = star, as ajumma2 said.

As for the pronounciation, in Korean the first letters are often pronounced with a bit more force, making b sound like p , same with d to t.

So it should be “star” most likely, even though we can’t know for sure if you don’t know the correct spelling in Hangeul :wink:

Ahh…that makes sense. The Sungjae and Joy couple were using it on We Got Married. Subs kept saying “bbyul…bbyul” (so it might have been a translation error. She even decorated her suitcase with the word. Star would make sense…thanks everyone!

What Sungjae and Joy did on WGM was changing the word 부부 (booboo) into 쀼. 부부 means ‘lovecouple’, but since Joy was embarrassed/shy to use that word, Sungjae changed it into 쀼 (bbyoo).So the word 쀼 on itself doesn’t mean anything. I’m not exactly sure which subs wrote bbyul though, cause that is not the right romanization. Hope this helps a bit^^

2 Likes

Sorry I’m so late getting back to you…thank you so much for the explanation!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Glad I could help :smile:

2 Likes

Do you mean DDAENG BBUL? That’s the only situation I can think of when the word 뻘 was used.
Or do you mean ㅇㅇ뻘? Usually it means thanks to (you’re mooching off of whatever the heck is before 뻘)

1 Like

i think bbyul is just an app for comment or something like this :thinking: