Beauty filters

Is anyone else noticing the blurring beauty filters being used in dramas? I all of a sudden seemed to notice this week. I am watching Curtain Call and it always seems like Han Ji Won’s face is just a white blur. I can see pores and other things on the male actors but especially on the women it is present. I am finding it super distracting now that I have seen it, I think I first noticed because I thought my video was going to a lesser quality whenever they went to her face because of the blurriness. I have also seen an article where they are are complaining that they went too far with a smoothing filter in Reborn Rich and Song Joong Ki. Why would they use this technology if it makes the video quality look bad and overall it just looks so bad and distracting. We all have pores! like shocker actresses have pores! I wish we could complain to the film company!?? I’m so put off, I was going to check out Reborn Rich but if it is so bad looking , I’m not sure I can handle it

5 Likes

We are definitely removing human physiognomy from the movie screen. Soon enough actors will no longer be necessary at all.

3 Likes

:cry::cry::cry::cry:
I hope they will realize that its okay to be human and have flaws…

2 Likes

The first time I noticed a filter being used was in Season 2 of Well Intended Love, and oddly it wasn’t for either of the leads, it was only used on the second male lead.

1 Like

They can’t just give up the crown for plastic surgery capital of the world.

2 Likes

its just too bizarre, not to mention insulting to the actors. Like oh I hated your real face on screen so I put this ugly filter on!:dizzy_face:

1 Like

Part of me feels like it is also a byproduct of their insistence on using actors in their late 20s and into their 30, and in some extreme cases even in their 40s, to play the younger, high school-aged version of themselves in the drama.

4 Likes

I’m sure the actors are the ones who insist on it. Of course they paste on tons of foundation and concealer, but there’s only so far that can go.

2 Likes

This psychological disorder must have a name.

3 Likes

Body dysmorphic disorder?

2 Likes

allienothwithstandin
Curtain Call and it always seems like Han Ji Won’s face is just a white blur

I know this was a way back, but I’m shocked how even the male actors are wearing a WHITE foundation, so white that it makes them look very weird. The contour of the face only is pure white, while the rest; neck, arms etc are natural tan color. It clashes to the point that they look like a Ghost…:ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost:

It does outline the jaws/chin to chiseled perfection, but when it comes to women, is not looking good at all. No women needs to show a chiseled perfect chin

2 Likes