Becoming a Regular

Pretty sure most of them are not active on Viki anymore… jesylnl left but her username still shows up there. Are amyk and mariko still active? I dont think so…

2 Likes

She doesn’t visit discussions.
She is very active on her viki inbox.

4 Likes

Most of the ppl. on the LEADER list are or at one point were ‘‘Viki staff’’

But there are a few in there that I know were not Viki staff, and I’m guessing for unknown reason were added as; LEADERS.

In the list; I just saw the name of that one person that edited and deleted several videos in one of my post. I went to her page profile, and I see no activity in her page for a long time now. She was around here the same year I discovered Viki.

Funny, not knowing a person, and this person takes the liberty to ‘‘delete/ EDIT’’ things you posted without any explanation. That feels so weird to find that person in the Leader’s list, and finally know how she was able to delete my videos. I just wished she had at least tell me why she did that to me…:thinking:

PS. I don’t see the name in the list of the other person that mostly edited/locked my threads; so I wasn’t even able to write anything else on them. So I’m guessing as a regular this person was able to do those things.

@jeslynl before leaving here did unlisted my thread WHEN GOODNESS IN MAN (forgot the rest) haha. No explanations, no message why it was unlisted, and I think that was so rude on her/his part. I did that thread/post to encourage ppl. to get the vaccine, and if there was something wrong in that, it wouldn’t have killed her to explain to me why.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. But it’s obvious that we need new leadership. :grin::v:

3 Likes

I am not a regular and I am here all the time. :innocent: (I guess porkypines aren’t considered human.) :rofl:

7 Likes

:joy::joy: I think you should become a regular soon…

5 Likes

@porkypine90_261

I don’t understand how they decide who gets to be ‘‘regular’’ because you are so active in this Discussion, and very well deserve that BADGE. I’m thinking maybe because of lack of staff; the person in charge of giving out Badges… is not around?

4 Likes

lol I really do not pay much attention to the badges anyway. But I am not a human I am a porkypine :laughing:

6 Likes

If you say so…lol

I do find your porkypine avatar so adorable and unique.

5 Likes

For they are better, dear friend, especially with everything that’s taking place. :hugs: :heart:

4 Likes

Too bad there is nobody around who can do what Lee Sun Gyun does in the movie Kingmaker: Fox in the Election (as an influencer in Korean politics from the sixties to the nineties). (Great movie. Classic, dimpled, historical, political, metrosexual hottie!)

1 Like

We seem to have a PI regular/leader on the loose. :disguised_face: :rofl: With the ability to lock :lock: topics. :rofl:

@mary19c11, @deval_chloe,
Check your trust levels on your profile, and under badges:
!Viki Discussions

Basic

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 1. Thanks for sticking around and reading a few topics to learn what our community is about. New user restrictions have been lifted; you’ve been granted all essential community abilities, such as personal messaging, flagging, wiki editing, and the ability to post multiple images and links.

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 2. Thanks for participating over a period of weeks to truly join our community. You can now send invitations from your user page or individual topics, create group personal messages, and have more likes per day

Regular

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 3. Thanks for being a regular part of our community over a period of months. You’re now one of the most active readers, and a reliable contributor that makes our community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and you’ll also get lots more likes per day.

If you’re not above Basic, there are plenty of restrictions. baepsae29 recently had to contact the help desk to get her member status manually updated. When she checked her trust level, she qualified for member, but the bot still had her at basic. :woman_shrugging:t5:
Viki’s discussions uses the discourse’s trust levels, read up more here:
!Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

Yes, as noted by lutra, all three trust levels are restricted to three successive post, without another’s reply.

4 Likes

I’ve been reading a bit, I guess what blocks me from Regular is I’m almost never creating topics :sweat_smile:
Still I should have “Member”

3 Likes

Nope, it’s not creating topics. Read up on the link. :wink: Maybe contact the help desk to state that you do qualify for member, and regular trust level.

2 Likes

Not sure to understand " Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25%"
But for the rest I can be qualified for “Regular”
Could a staff member help me understanding? @brendas

3 Likes

Check your status under your profile here in Discussions. It looks like you should be at the member, and regular status too. . .

3 Likes

You mean this?

2 Likes

Or system glitches? Anyway, good to know. I had no idea about that at all.
I think I should have been a “regular” already, too. But, oh well… no worries. It doesn’t matter. I’m more interested in cute badges haha… :rofl:

2 Likes