Becoming a Regular

It seems I’ve become a Regular here on Discussions. And it’s not just an honorary badge, either. It entails certain privileges as well. :sweat_smile: Next step: Leader
But I doubt that’s going to happen since leaders are handpicked by Viki staff. And you know me… :upside_down_face:
Still, Regular is pretty nice. Thank you.

Screenshot_20220220-085016_Samsung%20Internet

16 Likes

Screenshot_20210809-123714_Messages
축하 해요! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: :tipping_hand_woman:t5:
There are many who are long overdue for the Leader trust level, especially since they are always reachable via discussions.
Once a Leader, always a Leader? I just tirelessly went through the profiles, and it’s pretty bad. :disappointed::pensive: There are about four active leaders, out of a total of 28.
https://media3.giphy.com/media/U84Kd73d36G2NfPQWE/200.gif
Now here are two interesting questions. Are Leaders picked only from those with a Regular Badge? What are the criteria used by Staff to select Leaders?

8 Likes

Thank you! :smile_cat: :heart: I hope they do get picked.

4 Likes

@adrianmorales
CONGRATULATIONS!

You are hardly here so that really surprised me. I am not too fond of this badge, and can’t understand why they created something that can bring some conflict too.

Is annoying to see that someone can go into anyone’s posting/thread, and change things on them without asking first (it happened to me a few times by different people here), this badge entitles achievers of this badge/ ‘‘regular’’ to do so. Anyway, I would never touch or change/edit anything other ppl. wrote bc in my opinion, that’s an invasion of privacy, and that’s why I felt so offended by it when it happened to me and made a big deal about it back then.

Summary

Praying that PEACE continues to be with us all. Stay safe my dear friend, and your mommy too. Stay strong. I saw in the news how close Romania is to this war conflict and I got so worried I could hardly sleep thinking of you and your family.

6 Likes

congratulations!

4 Likes

Okay, now I’m really curious - how on earth are Regulars able to edit other’s posts? I am a Regular, and I can’t see any controls that allow me to do that. To my knowledge, it was only jeslyni, sean and the others who could do stuff like that.

In the description for a Regular, it states thay you can only recategorize or rename a topic, not edit a post. I still don’t have any options to do either of that.

6 Likes

How long does it take to become regular? i am curious.

5 Likes

Not sure, but you have to be consistently present and active here for a few months. If you become a Regular and then stop interacting and visiting the site, you go back down the levels and become a Member and then a Basic level user.

8 Likes

oooo intresting

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :confetti_ball::tada::sparkles:

Only Leaders and Viki staff can do that and only if it’s absolutely required. That’s how I would handle matters, anyway.
Please Vote Adrian for Leadership Position. :v::smile_cat:

I really appreciate it. :hugs:

4 Likes

@adrianmorales

So where’s the link so we can vote for you?

4 Likes

They took that out, but it was done in the past. I have screenshot to prove it, but won’t bc is all in the past and I forgave the ones who did it already. As far as I’m concerned that option of editing people’s post here, and as far as I KNOW, is no longer available to be done by ANY REGULAR badge ‘owner’ (like us) to do so.

I tried a while back, and it didn’t work, so I know the option was removed. I believe now ONLY the staff members WILL be able to do any editing or whatever; if they choose to do so in our thread/post without letting us know first.

This thing happened a long while ago so you missed the show.

4 Likes

Haa! Ha! :rofl: If they’d let us, you’re in! :smile:

6 Likes

No, you don’t come down to basic if you are inactive.
You stay at the member trust level only.

7 Likes

Oh okay… thanks :blush:

3 Likes

@adrianmorales :sunglasses:

Gladly second. Just drop the link here.:raised_hands::joystick:

6 Likes

@angelight313_168 @leerla73 @jadecloud88

I’m not sure there is a link. From what I understand, Leaders are handpicked by Viki staff. It’s not a Democratic voting system. So, I’m sorry, but don’t think I can become your Leader-elect, not if it means I have to please higher-ups. My sole priority is you, the Community.

Please know that you are my motivation, dear friends. I would do my very best to ensure you’re as happy as you can be in this Asian drama world of ours. :grin::v: :heart:

4 Likes

As far as I know, in the latest years - Leaders are all Viki staff members.

4 Likes

It’s public record. There are currently 28 Leaders. I can’t say I’m acquainted with any of them.

Screenshot_20220222-210309_Samsung%20Internet

4 Likes

Except for four, see my first post in this thread, they are not at all anywhere on the site, or app. Please anyone, let me know if you’ve recently been in contact with our leaders.

4 Likes