Being faster? Does it mean quality?

That’s indeed the worst. Their paid subbers won’t be back to fill in empty segments after all. Instead, editors come to people like me and ask them for help because CM didn’t want a TE but not they’re left with a bunch of untranslated songs etc. :roll_eyes: I experienced this about 3 times only in the last 2 months.
Lately, I read this:

They already come with subtitles in English, Portuguese and Spanish, so no moderators or staff are needed for those languages.

No idea, if this is the CM’s idea or Viki’s, but have fun filling the empty segments.

I don’t doubt that Viki’s pressure and “hints” are a major issue, but the CMs interpreting them this way will help to ruin it after all.

However, they mainly push for Portuguese, Spanish and French, since these are probably the majority (and they complain the most). These communities will somewhat die out as not everyone is cut to be an Editor, or they might not know anymore how to join teams (after they dumped the applications in the abyss of the project finder). Regarding some languages, CMs people won’t find moderators though that will translate an episode within 24 hours or anything - no matter what.

5 Likes