Best Dramas of 2021

I don’t know… I prefer to choose one by country.
Some dramas can belong to several categories (romance & fantasy for example).

3 Likes

I think it’s easier to compare Stealth Walker and Chimera which are both thrillers on Chinese and one Korean than Move To Heaven and Lovestruck in the City which are both Korean.

1 Like

You’ re supposed to choose the drama you loved the most this year.
If I had to vote by category, I could only vote for Romance. I haven’t watched a lot of thriller or fantasy dramas this year. So it depends on how many dramas you watched.
For example, if someone tells me that Doom is the best fantasy drama but watched only 2 fantasy dramas, that’s irrelevant.
However, if you want to do by category, make a list of the nominees (dramas you actually watched) and choose a winner. That would be interesting to see which drama is considered better than the others.

3 Likes

I watched too many dramas in 2021 to chose only one.

3 Likes
  1. FALLING INTO YOUR SMILE !

2. MOUSE

3. MOVE TO HEAVEN

4. D.P

5. MY NAME

5 Likes

Korean: [THE KING’S AFFECTION]
Japan: [JAPAN SINK: People Of Hope]
Chinese: [CONNECTED]
USA: THE MIDNIGHT SKY 2021
ITALIAN: YARA
DUTCH: THE CLAUS FAMILY
TAIWANESE: I MISSED YOU: Director’s cut
SPAIN: BOY MISSING
GERMANY: BLOOD RED SKY 2021

4 Likes

Hi there. I’ve watch almost all cdramas this year, so for me the answer is: You are my hero!! It has everything <3 <3 <3 https://media4.giphy.com/media/RtKimnb0vewOvBOXuq/giphy.gif

3 Likes

I didn’t watch a lot of the most popular ones, so I can’t judge out of them, but the one I think was the best from this year is Bossam: Steal The Fate .

4 Likes

I think narrowing it down to 2021 only is not being fair bc I saw in 2020 and 2019 so on… movies/dramas that deserved to win an award as BEST DRAMAS. In fact, they were so awesome that I actually watched them more than once. I DO AGREE that we should mention only 1 (ONE) drama or movie per year bc that way we give the other countries a chance to be mentioned, too.

I saw one from Germany in 2020 that was about the end of the world with a flood that was amazing. I saw a movie from Spain about enchanting beings and a boy that could interact with them, and it was awesome. THE ZOOKEEPER’S WIFE based on a true story; I have not enough words to praise this extraordinary movie.

PS> I forgot to ask; Are we only mentioning BEST DRAMAS 2021 FROM RVIKI?
@feyfayer
FROM VIKI 2021
KOREAN: Lovers of the Red Sky
Chinese: You Are My Destiny (I saw it in 2021)
Japan: Close Range Love
Thai: My Name is Busaba

I seem to like kdramas from alternate years… 2020 was awesome so i don’t have any favorites from 2021… I’m reallly excited for the 2022 lineup

Cdrama - i debated a lot because I loved a lot - The Bond, Fall In Love, My Little happiness… but the one that takes the award for me is You are My Hero

Well-written, well-acted, rewatchable, fluffy, meaningful, heartwarming, unskippable, funny and comforting… it stole my heart

6 Likes

Definitely one of the best Cdramas of this year :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t know :blush:
Maybe @mas4 can answer that, since she’s the one who made the post :smile:

2 Likes

Any drama. I chose Vincenzo and unfortunately it’s not on Viki.

4 Likes

@mas4

I hope you got to see it. We had it here, and I wonder why they took it out. So weird…and makes no sense. I’m waiting for part 2, and I thought they had started filming already, but I have a feeling is going to end up on NTFX rather than here at RViki.

They didn’t even filmed VICENZO (the ‘‘Italy’’ scenes) in Italy, like it was planned due to the travel restriction due to the pandemic, but they were actually filmed in a part of SK that resembles Italy’s winery fields. I was shocked bc it does have a big resemblance (imo).

1 Like

@feyfayer

Oops! I was in a rush when I picked the name after the @, and I didn’t bothered to check first. Thanks anyway. lol

2 Likes

Since I have to pick one…

3 Likes

Korean is
Hometown Cha Cha Cha

5 Likes

C-drama

images

K-drama

603a7c9cce1d4

3 Likes