Best novel/manga to drama/movie adaptation

Started thinking about drama adaptations because I came across the new J-drama Algernon ni Hanataba wo (Flowers For Algernon).

So, what are your favorite drama/movie adaptations of novels/mangas (or I guess other drama/movies)?

Now that I think about it, doesn’t have to be an Asian drama/movie either. Any adaptation.

1 Like

Asian drama would have to be The Wallflower
Non Asian Anne of Green Gables

2 Likes

I’m a huge British mini-drama fan, and most of them there are book adaptations. Best ones I could name belong to the genre of period (historical) dramas:

1. Pride and Prejudice (1989 version)
  2. North and South (2004) <- hottie there!
  3. Jane Eyre (2006 version)

P.S. I just realised the double meaning behind the phrase “period drama” :smile:

1 Like

Misaeng - K-drama adaptation of webtoon.

2 Likes

@escallihan_489 Wallflower was fun to watch~ Anne of Green Gables… I remember there being a cartoon series about that, haha. But haven’t seen the mini series; maybe I’ll check it out.

@bozoli Pride and Prejudice <3 I haven’t seen the others, but maybe I will when I get time. My sister’s a big fan of British mini dramas too, so I suspect we have copies of all of those somewhere XD

@ajumma2 Misaeng! Great show, but I honestly don’t think it’s something I can watch a second time. Not any time soon anyway.

Anne of Green Gables is awesome!

You should also try Emily of New Moon by the same author of Anne of Green Gables loved the tv series… Sadly last week the guy who played Gilbert Blythe passed away :frowning:

Yes it was ^^ did you get to catch the movie they came out with a few years ago? Also they turned it into an anime ^^.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t even know that. Well, nowadays, all I watch are K-dramas anyway! :wink:

Gilbert’s actor died?! o.o that’s so sad xD I love Anne of Green Gables so much, I remember I used to watch and rewatch the movies ^.^

@ajumma2 Mhmm the anime came out in 1979 called Akage no An
and a Prequel came out in 2009 called Kon’nichiwa Anne: Before Green Gables
Also here is info about the movie that came out a few years ago http://anne.sullivanmovies.com/films/anne-of-green-gables-a-new-beginning/

@silviezeamer_697 Yes sadly he had a brain hemorrhage only 48 :frowning:

1 Like

I see. I don’t really read anime, and the last movie I watched was Hunger Games and kids movies, such as Big Hero 6.

@ajumma2 o Haven’t seen Big Hero 6 yet xD. Baymax reminds me of Bibendum (Michelin Man) that tire company mascot xD

1 Like

I’ll have to check the movie out. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Gokusen (Jdrama) was an excellent adaptation of the anime. It was also the first Asian drama I watched.