BL, Fujoshi and Gay Transmen

BEFORE YOU REACT, I AM SOLELY INTERESTED IN THE PARALLELS OF THESE TWO GENRES.

In tracking the current issues of Gay transmen, that is Female-to-Male (MTF) trans individuals who state that they are Gay transmen, I notice that in some ways their hopes are similar to the story-lines in BL. To make it what I am discussing clear, these are individuals born as women (XX) chromosomes, but assert they are men, hence trans, hence transmen and are attracted to men, hence Gay transmen. I want to make it clear what I am talking about.

Back to the topic.

For example, in Great Men Academy a character wishes on a magical unicorn to be the object of a male characters love, and she finds her self transformed into a man, since the object of her hopes is a Gay man who she hopes will love her.

There are other story lines where a woman is transferred into a man’s body in BL.

This book has been announced of a Gay-identified transman, that is MTF, describing his life as a Gay.

One parallel is that Gay transmen expect Gay life to be like straight dating and discover that Gay life is not like straight dating.

It maybe that I am the only person familiar with both worlds or venues and can discuss, contrast and compare, but perhaps BL fans might be interested in seeing how these two worlds have their differences and parallels.

I should point out that there is heated controversy over this. I am not interested except in the parallels between BL life and Gay transmen’s hopes and expectations.