Bottom List Dramas

I think the only 50 I’ve watched was Wonderful Days. I like Taecyon and he kept me coming back. I think if you get into them early, it 's better. I can’t imagine trying to catch up on a long one that was well underway.

@b2utybubbles
Hello, episode 11 was my exit as well. I read some recaps later but the drama was not offering anything to me to get back. I even tried the last episode and thought, maybe Dal Bong should have been the leading character.
I can’t pinpoint the culprit, it rather seems a co-production of numbness from anyone whom was involved.

1 Like

Well my curiosity got the better of me and yes I looked at the 6 available. It’s tedious to say the least but the characters and interweaving connections between them all is funny.
I’m up against the cultural problems again, i.e. the hypocrisy that is displayed openly in some dramas. I know well that there are places in this world of ours where women are second class citizens and treated like dirt by their fathers, brothers, husbands and sons. I just can’t take it. The saving grace in some dramas is when one woman stands by another. Can’t even imagine where a sister would not stand against even her parents to help her sibling.
My critique on it so far.

I agree that this one, in particular, shows the worst of old stereotypes that in some cases, are well earned. The dad is a total tyrant and every time he tells his wife to do something, one thought comes to mind…“You got two broken legs?”

I’m sticking with it (and working on it) and I have high hopes that the younger characters will learn to stand up for what’s right and that the males will be a different type than the older ones. I also think that the women will grow a spine and put that horrible dad in his place or possibly leave him to stew in his own juices of bitterness and he’ll have an epiphany of some kind. 7 and 8 sort of start to point in that direction.

Oh gee wiz I thought so too. I mean a baby born into the family should always be a joyful experience even if the Dad is not liked or the parents choice for their beloved daughter.
Who in heavens name leaves a wee babe lying on the floor and walks out. The father we could all expect to act this way as his character is selfish personified but the Mother oh no never could a woman behave like this.
She was mad enough to force herself out of the house as soon as she heard about the birth and her husband lying but not enough to save a little infant which when all said and done is her grandchild.
This writer is very crazy and very smart, he has pulled us in with this awful set of characters knowing we would have to stay the course of the drama wishing and praying we see that family destroyed.
Spoiler alert!!! What did you think when the lady met her son and did a thoughtful and generous deed? This has to be the next story over a few weeks.

We should continue this here. I don’t want people to get the impression that Rosy Lovers is a bottom list drama. :wink:

Ok well said. I agree it’s only a few episodes in. Should wait and then decide if it belongs here.
Apologies.

Only time will tell, but for now, I’m enjoying the ride.

have any of you seen “when its at night” with lee dong gun and kim sun ah??

im trying to decide if i should continue it or not. i saw a bit of reviews saying it was really good, i watched like the 1st three eps. its kinda like dragging to me idk how i can take this plot but i wanted to watch it before. i stopped watching but anyone who watched it before tell me their opinion on it??

No, I didn’t. Sorry

I have seen When It’s at Night, when it was airing. I liked it while watching, because I enjoy watching Kim Sun Ah. And it was my first encounter with Park Ki Woong and since then I am following his career. It’s not my favorite project of Lee Dong Gun though. I would still think of it as an okay drama, no more no less.

1 Like

I really dislike Dream High 2, and Shut up. Flower Boy Band Like many of you Heirs was more about Lee Bo Na and Cha Young, and let’s be honest… the ending sucked. Okay, many are going to disagree with my next one I dislike…Coffee Prince It is so predictable and I fell asleep so many times. I’ve tried to finish it multiple times… but it’s just not interesting enough. I haven’t been able to finish a lot of dramas… but these are the few I just remember off the top of my head. I also was never able to watch Playful Kiss or To the Beautiful You… I kept on comparing them to the Taiwanese versions (Jiro Wang made the shows awesome) and I didn’t really like the Korean versions as much.

@lulutat26 Very interesting that you include ‘Coffee Prince’ on your list.

1 Like

@Singndance4life. Well I did take your comment seriously and have stuck with it.

I am putting “Surplus princess” and “The three musketeers” on my bottom list. They were just impossible to finish even though i tried especially with the musketeers but it was more of a wasted effort in the end. There is nothing super wrong with these dramas per se but for me it all boiled down to the fact that i love the original stories and they twisted them beyond repair. And while i can agree that changes are necessary because nobody wants to watch the same thing over and over again but there were things that i couldn’t accept like the completely unneeded love triangle between the crown prince the princess and Park Dal Hyang. I could’ve definitely done without it , it just put me off of the drama. I realy wonder why did they incorporated a love triangle in a drama for which it wasn’t mandatory, don’t we get enough of it as it is. As for the Surplus Princess, even Disney did a better job with the ecranisation of The little mermaid. The drama was kind of boring and for me the comical take was all wrong or badly done i can’t realy tell. Also the drama couldn’t decide what it wanted to be, so it ended being all over the place. And i wholeheartedly agree with @lulutat26, none of the mentioned dramas appealed to me either and all of them were a dnf for me too. And the thing with Coffee Prince is that when it comes to gender bender stories if you’ve read/watched one it’s almost like you’ve watched/read them all, the basic plots are just too similar even if the details are not and that makes them predictable, you can always draw the rough sketch of how the story will unfold after the first two three episodes.

I have watched 150+ dramas and these are the ones that I liked the least and wouldn’t recommend.

Devil Beside You (I couldn’t stand the lead actress)
Personal Taste (The plot got really draggy and I dislike stupid female leads)
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang (I hated the male lead and shipped Choon Hyang staying single)
Lie to Me (It became really draggy and the characters were inconsistent)
K-Pop: The Ultimate Audition (The ending wasn’t good and didn’t even show the performance that the entire drama was focusing on. Yes, I know that it had an episode cut but that was no excuse for such a poor ending)
The Heirs (I don’t even know where to begin with this one)
Sawan Biang (Horrible male lead)
Twelve Men in a Year (Annoying female lead)
Panda and Hedgehog (Annoying female lead and poor story)
A Gentleman’s Dignity ( Didn’t care for the female lead and couldn’t connect to the story)

So true. After the first few episodes I couldn’t finish it.

I really didn’t have any bottom list dramas until I marathoned through School 2013. This is not the worst drama by any means. Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin saved this drama and made it manageable. I will say these two gentleman did an excellent job on it. They showed the beginnings of the good actors that they are in their current career path. Other than that, I could not take the other characters. From the first episode there was one particular character that I wanted to be gone. I couldn’t have empathy for these ‘struggling’ kids because most of them were devoid of values, feelings, or anything. Oh, and the teachers…Ick…they all needed to be fired even the main character who was the ‘idealist’. I pretty much disliked every single character except Go Nam Soon, Park Heung So, and Young Woo(?). Too many brats and people who shouldn’t be in charge of anyone’s children. If it wasn’t for LJS & KWB this would have been a ridiculous drama to watch. I know some may say this is harsh because some of the characters were dealing with major issues but there was just not much to like about them.

Ohkay!! My list:
Dropped: Creating Destiny
honestly, it was just too family-driven for me. I wanted more romance…I don’t like dramas with all the family “drama”…it gets really annoying.

Watched but never would again: Manny, Beautiful Man, The Heirs
One thing to note: I would only watch The Heirs again for Kim Woo Bin and Park Shin Hye scenes…honestly my favorite character in that drama was Kim Woo Bin’s…I became OBSESSED with him after watching the drama. He was the only interesting part of it. I loved his character’s development, not to mention he’s beautiful. But ughhh SORRY LADIES, I cannot stand Lee Min Ho. Ugh, sorry, nope! And Park Shin Hye really isn’t my fave either, but I did enjoy her scenes w/ Kim Woo Bin. He is the only reason I would watch that drama again.

Oh wow, I forgot about School 2013 when I was making my list. I dropped it…I think I had maybe 5 or 6 episodes left before just stopping. Honestly, I forget why. Yeah, I loved Lee Jong Suk and OF COURSE, MY FAVORITE, Kim Woo Bin…but I think I just got really annoyed with the 2 teachers and I feel like the story was going by sooo slowly. I really did like it at first…but I believe it started to bore me.