Can't access Discussions on desktop - Error 400

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 18.56.23

Anyone else?

P.S. Deleting cookies and restarting the browser doesn’t work.

3 Likes

nope, everything ok

1 Like

I had this issue to a few weeks ago, I could only access the site for a few minutes each day then it wouldn’t work the rest of the day. Somehow it randomly stopped happening. I did experience some other DNS issues with my laptop at the time, so I think part of the 400 Bad Request issue is on our end.

You could check this websites and try all fixes:

Or hope it disappears randomly with after a few days :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Which browser do you use?

2 Likes

I haven’t cleared cache separately. I thought cookies were enough. I’ll try it today, thanks! (I’m on Chrome)

1 Like

Clearing the cache+discussions cookies didn’t work

2 Likes

Also, I can’t clear two topics from Discussions. Neither from the mobile phone, nor computer.

1 Like

Are you on Windows? Does it work with another browser?
The last solution would be to reinstall chrome. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I’m on iOS. Which needs updating. But I don’t feel like it. Takes ages :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Cookie too large? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this message!
Bad for the silhouette!

3 Likes

No problem here.

But… I keep getting the 429 error when I try to access my messages. I can be in the messenger, and then poof I can’t reply to anyone… refresh… poof… error code and I’m locked out most of the day. Same deal… delete cookies, blah-blah-blah… it’s a daily thing now.

3 Likes

I keep getting the 429 error when I try to access my messages.

5 Likes

Seems like they don’t have enough capacity on the American and European servers :upside_down_face:

So… you know what to do.

@paradise911

2 Likes

I’ve had the 400 Bad Request too. Cleaning cookies+cache does seem to work for me.
With the steps the help center gave me, I’m back on Discussions. :slight_smile:

First, I had to Log Out from Viki (I had some error messages on Viki too, I couldn’t see my own projects anymore, so I made sure I logged out on Viki too, (so not just the Discussions). Then clean both cookies and the cache (I just checked every box to clean everything in the browser. At first it didn’t seem to work, until I noticed it was only cleaning the cookies+cache from the last hour, so I changed the setting to the whole period.
Then I had to close the browser and reopen the browser. Then I could logg in. And the errors (both on Viki and Discussions were gone. :partying_face:

The error appeared while using Viki Discussions on a browser on my computer. (I didn’t have the issue on my mobile phone).

I’ve had the error for contributions/projects before, it seems like a returning error message, but it seems to disappear for a while after cleaning the cookies+cache.

5 Likes

You are a genious, thanks!

Viki told me to log out, clean cookies and cache - but they weren’t precise enough where to log out from. Not Discussions, but Viki.

3 Likes

I haven’t had any problems so far.

4 Likes

It happened to me several times 429

3 Likes

I haven’t had any problems.

2 Likes