Can't find old series title

Series is set in a small town and are losing their mining operation. The men will have no work, so the women decide to create a Hawaiian style resort and they will learn to Hula. It was a show with very strong female characters. Was funny ( I remember them constantly rescuing and hiding their 1 palm tree) and sad as the men came to accept the idea and then worked with the women to save their town. Very heartwarming and funny. Talked about to a friend and now can’t remember the title. Help Please.

2 Likes

It sounds very familiar, but I cannot recall the name.

1 Like

Do you remember the language they spoke or maybe which country it was in?

2 Likes

From what I read it could be a Malaysian drama if I’m not mistaken. Because the landscape that is described is located there or maybe Thailand.

2 Likes

I have found the series. It is an older Japanese movie called Hula Girls. It has been so long since I saw it that I had vague recollections, but loved the premise and remembered that I had liked all the characters. My next challenged is either to buy or find it streaming somewhere. Thanks everyone for the help.

3 Likes

Good :smiling_face: .
Can I ask: how did you find it?

Hi! I found it by posting the same question on a ■■■■■■■■ site I belong to. They are awesome. If interested it is KDrama Fans Worldwide. I had forgotten that this was a movie and Japanese and not Korean. That didn’t stop this group. They are mostly Kdrama fans and are always helpful in recommending new dramas, esp. on Viki. Hope this helps

2 Likes

That good :+1: .
I was going to recommend Red/dit if you didn’t find the answer here.
They have a forum for these type of questions too.
Good to know there are more place you can ask :blush:

2 Likes