Cha Tae Hyun (차태현) - Official Thread

Welcome to Cha Tae Hyun’s Viki Discussions thread! Post and chat about the actor and “My Sassy Girl” star here!

BIO: Cha Tae Hyun is a South Korean actor, singer and radio DJ. Born on March 25, 1976, he launched his career after coming in second place in the 1995 KBS Talent Contest. The exposure brought him many commercial endorsements and television acting roles. Cha Tae Hyun’s career took off after he starred in the widely successful 2001 film “My Sassy Girl” with Jun Ji Hyun. Soon thereafter, he released his debut music album called “Accident.” He went on to star in many more popular films, including “Lover’s Concerto” (2002), “Scandal Makers” (2008). In 2012, Cha Tae Hyun became a regular cast member of the popular reality show “2 Days & 1 Night.” He has also worked a radio DJ when he hosted his own show called “FM Popular Music With Cha Tae Hyun” from 1999 to 2000 and “Mr. Radio” from 2007 to 2008. Cha Tae Hyun married Choi Suk Eun, his high school sweetheart, in 2006 and they have three kids.

FUN FACT: The film “My Sassy Girl,” in which Cha Tae Hyun stars, was Korea’s highest grossing comedy at the time of its release and spurred US, Bollywood, Chinese and Tollywood remakes and a Japanese drama.