Chinese-English subbers, are you looking for a new C-drama or Tw-drama subbing project to join? Come join us! :D

Hello! I’m new here and I would like to sub from English to Chinese or vice versa, but I don’t know how to start. Could you give me any pointers or people I could talk to? Sorry if this seems awkward haha. Thanks in advance!

hi there I can work and help you! please let me know if you still need more volunteers!

Lol I actually have found volunteers here on this old and out-of-date topic :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m glad it worked for you. My message was for the newbies only.

1 Like

Hihi, I’m highly interested in joining the team, please let me know if there is any new C/Tw drama subbing project available.

@aileenihan_lo_504. In case you missed this…Good Luck!

kakashiandme

10d

My Name is Busaba: https://www.viki.com/tv/37306c-my-name-is-busaba

It is the Thai Remake of the Korean drama, My Lovely Kim Samsoon. This project can’t start until we have Thai > English translators.

If you can speak, read, write Thai and your second language is English we want you. If you know someone who fits the bill… send them to us.

Hello! I’m fairly new to this, but I can be a subber for Chinese to English. I’m not sure how to start. I have reviewed all the necessary tutorials.

Hi there, sorry I don’t speak Thai :frowning: if you need ppl who can do Chinese to English later on, I’m always available!

1 Like

What the tw in your message stands for? I thought it was for taiwanese. But I did research and…
I got it now.
They’re both tonal languages , but they’re not in the same language family, Is Thai and Chinese language similar? They are both tonal languages , but they are not in the same language family. Thai has 5 tones. Mandarin has 4 tones. … Though Thai and Chinese comes from the Sino-Tibetan group, the languages are still drastically different

You can go to the link and ask the Chinese moderator if they need more help from Chinese to English or Vice versa? You never know if it might be your lucky day and join a team. Even if they requesting other language it won’t hurt to ask.

Yeah, I thought Tw stands for Taiwanese too. Mandarin and Thai are two very different languages, sorry I couldn’t help and thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your welcome and I hope others who want to become volunteers follow this tip too. You never know if you’ll win, if you don’t play. Gamble, gamble! lol

Hi! I’m new to the Viki community and subtitling! I can translate Chinese to English! Feel free to contact me anytime! :blush:

1 Like

Hi There,
I am new to Viki and subtitling but I would greatly appreciate anyone giving me a chance. I would really enjoy putting my language skills to use. I am fluent in Mandarin and English. Please consider me for any projects. Thank you!

Hi

I have a rough English translation of The Last Thieves (2019) starring Megan Lai and would love to share that with the community and get input on the parts that I didn’t do so well in (especially slang terms).

The movie does not appear to be on Viki.

EW

Hello, if you’re still taking chinese-english subbers, please let me know! Thank you so much.

Hello, I would love to help out with Chinese to English subtitling if there are any projects available! I’ve been having a hard time finding Chinese to English subbing opportunities in the project finder. I can also segment as well if needed. Thank you very much!

Hello!
I just joined the volunteer community today, but I do have previous experiences volunteering as a proofreader in English. I was wondering if you know if there is a spot available in any of these dramas/any new ones for an English subtitle proofreader? If not, that’s totally okay; I’ll keep looking!

Thank you!

Hello, Chelsea here!
I know to Translate; Chinese - English and Korean - English and many more too
I am looking for dramas which I could start subbing

1 Like

Hello, I am looking for a new project to help subtitle from Chinese to English. Please let me know if any projects need more subbers. I would love to help!

1 Like

Hi everyone! Looking for projects to sub Chinese- English. Would love to help!

1 Like