Chinese Remake of Taiwanese Classic

Liang Jie and Xing Zhao Lin, leading couple of the time-traveling web series The Eternal Love (雙世寵妃) reunite in upcoming drama based on Taiwanese drama “Fated to Love You” (命中注定我愛你).

“The Eternal Love” couple

You Are My Destiny (你是我的命中注定) is a 40-episode romantic drama. Scheduled for October 2020 release.

Viki Channel Page: https://www.viki.com/tv/36951c-you-are-my-destiny

Title Request Form: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie
https://i.mydramalist.com/QKemQf.jpg

MDL: https://mydramalist.com/31762-you-are-my-destiny

4 Likes

@aznative This sound interesting, I am not at all surprise that the Chinese remake is base on Tawianese classic “Fated To Love You” Actually I am not surprise history will tell you the Taiwanese and Chinese are the exact same people and speak the same language Mandarin, they always go back and forward exchanging actors and actresses in drama.

In the original drama Chinese Drama “Eternal Love” one of the main actor Mark Chao is Taiwanese.
So I look forward to “You Are My Destiny” hopefully we will get it here on VIKI. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope Viki licenses it too! Thank you @peggyroyster_409

2 Likes

don’t get me wrong but did like both of them, but a third? can’t they find something else to remake? well of course I will watch it and love it too. I’m just saying…

1 Like

Ha, ha. I see your point Mary. The lead couple in this drama were extremely popular in the timeslip historical romance drama “Eternal Love” series (1 and 2, 3 is supposedly planned too). The two had great chemistry in their “Eternal Love” dramas. So, it’s sorta like money in the bank to cast these two in the remake of a popular story.

It’s been over a year now since I’ve first watched this Mark Chao’s blockbuster but I still cannot get enough about it. I keep watching Ye Hua & Bai Qian over and over again. I still laugh & smile on the antics of Dijun & Feng Jiu along with the rest of the awesome other characters in the series.

Remake? Sure! I’m on it and will excitedly await, compare and critique the new one.

1 Like

loved to hear that guy laugh, the Korean one. both were very good and yes funny, so when this next one does come up I will watch, do we have a Chinese orJjapanese one yet??

1 Like

Hi, I love C-drama. I’m looking for C-drama in 90s detective one male and one female. The female detective can see a ghost. The male detective is very scare person but pretend strong. In 90s I don’t watch all episodes. So I want to find it but don’t know the title and the actor also don’t know the name. Please help. I’ve been searching for long time.

@noraisa_isa185_672
I don’t know about the 90’s detective show. Maybe someone else reading this post will have some ideas.

@aznative it’s very interesting drama. Only the female detective can see a ghost and solve the case. The male detective everytime I think he passed out. After awake I think the credit going to him that solved the case.

1 Like

Y’all lost me there for a bit! sorry what 90’s detective show? the detective show? where she was in a coma for 5 years then wakes up & sees ghosts?“Who are you”, Korean drama, and yes I would love to see it again, it isn’t on Netflix, or prime, even checked youtube. haven’t checked Asian crush though. it waas an awesome drama, even looked on those “pirate” ones and not able to find it, maybe we ought to request it here on Viki?? I re-read noraisa-isa185-672, well I havent seen a chinese one but I sure will look!!

1 Like

I just Googled and came up with this.Maybe you can find it.

https://mydramalist.com/list/l4jMO9b3

1 Like

Thank you @aznative but it’s not in the list. I think it’s Taiwanese not Hong Kong. I’ve been looking over the other forum also couldn’t find it. Maybe too long in 90s. Haha everybody watch latest drama. Nowadays all drama is good. Currently watch K-drama Catch The Ghost.

1 Like

@frustratedwriter not that one. It’s C-drama. It’s really good drama. On that time I can’t watch all episodes because fighting with other sibling to watch other channel. Haha. Now just remember about the drama and want to catch up but couldn’t remember the title and actor. I just remember the female detective hair in straight bob haircut shoulder length.

I saw that a while back on YT but I don’t know if still there. Yes, the Detective did passed out from the fear of sensing the ghost bc he can’t see them, and the poor girl was left all alone but he got all the credit. Now, the one I’m talking about is Japanese version though…:slight_smile:

1 Like

@angelight313_168 do you know the title? Or at least the actor name?

1 Like

I’d like to know too, gt my interest up!!

1 Like

@noraisa_isa185_672
@frustratedwriter

Spend more than an hour on YT trying to see if I could find it, with no luck. I have to add that I never finished watching the whole thing bc it didn’t kept my attention bc the male actor in my opinion was terrible for that role.

I did the same just now, without a title, detective work afoot, me thinks!
hehehehehehehe. ok I plan to look on Asian crush and few more I have on the Roku, oh! see me hitting my forehead, could look on Roku channel for “search” anyway no harm in tryng.

1 Like

@angelight313_168
@frustratedwriter
I keep searching too. Still can’t find anything. I bet others searching for this drama too. I read in the forum, still no answer.

1 Like