Choi Min Soo in the 1995 drama Sandglass

I finished watching the 1995 drama Sandglass, and I loved it! It was my first time watching Choi Min Soo in a drama, and his acting and looks just blew me away. Strange to say, I thought of Russell Crowe (from Gladiator) while watching Choi Min Soo on screen. Maybe it’s the gaze, maybe it’s the aura he exudes (cue the sunlight), maybe it’s the role, but the correlation is there!

(following three photos are credited to http://www.kdramalove.com/Sandglass.html)

And here is Russell Crowe from Gladiator…

I know they don’t look physically alike…but something about their acting in their respective films just made me connect them together.

2 Likes

I actually found this post, while doing a research on the movie Gladiator. I’ve heard a rumor that Spielberg wanted/recommended Choi Min soo to be in the movie The Gladiator. I was looking to see if any of this was documented. But I’ve found nothing about it. I guess it was just a baseless rumor

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to watch this, but haven’t found it in any legal sites.

1 Like

Wow I’m glad my post was relevant to you!! I haven’t heard of that rumor, but if it is true, that would be so cool! Gladiator is one of my favorite movies. I hope your research goes well!

I wish Viki could get the series. It would definitely be popular even for its age. I would rewatch it for sure!

1 Like