[Closed] Follow Vikians?!

I just got a screen saying people on Viki can follow me and I can follow people too and if I want them to see my viewing activity.

Ehm what is this? Can they see only which Kdrama etc I watch or also when I’m online, which profiles I visit or whatever? And does this also count for the people who follow you with disqus… I somehow have a ton of followers who follow me with disqus and I have no idea who 99% is. Still need to figure out how to block that and disgus told me they couldn’t help when I asked them. Can you see who follows you too?

Personally I don’t really see the extra fun in this, I would prefer the comment section on profiles back instead so you can leave a note on someone’s profile when it’s their birthday or something.

11 Likes

Well… at least it gives you the chance to choose to share info or not… what bugs me most is every change they do… you find out by chance… never a little box somewhere or blog update or sth telling you … the changes, why, anything… it is just like. it is there, deal with it…

5 Likes

I haven’t seen this. I will have to take a look. I am not one for these types of things though.

1 Like

Vikia? Did you think of it. I like it! I am not a viki user, I am a vikian!

1 Like

When I started at Viki and probably the first 2 years I might have want an option like that. But not anymore …
I fear the day, when Viki might be bought by facebook or the likes …
Then I will be in a bad fix.

1 Like

Instead of following, adding “friends” would make more sense in a community like this in my opinion…

2 Likes

Nope I didn’t, the term is used more often, no idea who started using it… was it Viki? an other user? Anyways it was shorter.

And yeah I don’t like the lack of information, I switched it off right away. I want to know exactly what it does and what others can see first.

1 Like

Dudie, I’m with you in this. When they informed us that the comments from our page will be gone they said that not only they would bring back this feature, but they would also bring back all of our old comments.
Lol, I believe it back then but it’s been like two years since then and nothing.

Our old comments are probably gone but I at least want the comments back on the profile page.

3 Likes

So… um… where have the badges gone?

@linea_kdrama
They probably “bugged” off, give it some hours or days, I am quite sure, they will reappear again.^^

Hello everyone,

Thank you all so much for your feedback!

We’re currently working to get the Badges back to the profiles pages. We’re sorry for this inconvenience, we’ll get to it very soon.

Best,
Mariliam

1 Like

@mariliam1 thank you but this topic isn’t about the badges although they are missing again too :wink:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Ok so it only shares Video’s with you followers and you get a weekly mail of what your followers have watched.
That leads me to a question since I’m a segger and work on Kdrama without ‘watching’. When does a Kdrama appear in a list? Does the thing keep track of which eps you finished or does it keep track of all activities? Resulting in let’s say listing a Kdrama ep 4 times (one time because I seg, one time because I watch and the other times because I post a cheer for the team in the episode comments).

1 Like

I have to agree. I have nothing against social media but this is just not something I would indulge in tbh. I love the discussions board and the comments on vids but anything that looks like other social media is lost on me. I would like to know if Viki received suggestions that this was something users wanted to be included. Honestly, I am sure there are other features that most of us would have preferred over this. Actually, I would prefer if they worked on keeping the licenses on some of the dramas and obtaining some in the requests over this feature.

5 Likes

Hi Y’all , I’m going to revive this old topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: , I honestly think that being able to follow people and message them is really cool :smile: , what do you think?

Follow me >>> https://www.viki.com/users/loveurself_melanin
And I will follow back , can’t wait to make friends. :star_struck:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: One of the reasons why I don’t use the thing :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

“My dear Vikians” is how I think of you all :smile_cat::heartbeat:

3 Likes

I honestly still don’t get what following people actually does, except making their profile easier to reach. I follow quite a few of my old/present team members, but it’s not like I get notifications about their activities or anything. As far as I’ve noticed, you can message someone without following them too.

3 Likes

Try tagging a few people, for example I’ll tag :
@kdrama2020ali
@mirjam_465
@angelight313_168
You get the idea, yea? So, you can do this by editing your post above, and adding anyone you’d like to pay attention to this :thread:Thread :yarn: :sparkles::wink::+1:t5:

3 Likes