[Closed] What I have to do if someone translates without my consent?

Hi :heart: I wanted to ask you all a simple question.What I should do if someone translates without my consent a project in which I’m the moderator? It recently happened to me and I’m angry becuase it’s unfair.The moderator exists for a reason and furthermore the project hasn’t even been translated and edited entirely in English. I sent a message telling her kindly that she shouldn’t have done it.
Now I’ll delete immediately all the translations but even if I’m angry of what happened,I’m sorry too because this person had spent a lot of time translating.I’m right or should behave differently? Thanks for the answers and have a good day :kissing_heart:
I’ve just sterted to delete the translations but it says: “You can only delete your own subtitles.” What should I do?

1 Like

Hello,

To delete the subtitles, only the person who created them or the Channel Manager can do it.
But the Channel Manager can only delete a whole episode subtitles for a language not just a part.
The person who created the subtitles has to go on it, one by one, deleting the whole sentence written on the segment to delete it.

As for what you should do when someone translates without your consent as Moderator, you did the right thing, I think.
You should first contact the subtitler who did that, ask her/him not to do that again and to delete her/his subtitles.
When the subtitler understands and deletes her/his subtitles, there is no problem, but if not you have to contact the Channel Manager to see if she/he can delete the subs precising in which language and which episode.
And after, it’s up to you seeing what you want to do to avoid this kind of situation.

Sometimes, when one subber does this, I prefer to lock all episodes (when it’s not already locked) right after to be sure this mistake will not recur (after the subber deleted her/his subtitles).
Generally, I know well the subbers I have in my teams, and if not I always send them a message before the begining of the drama to let them know how I work and what they don’t have the right to do.
Like this, I generally have no problem.

I hope my answer can help you.

2 Likes

Hi deval_chloe,thanks for the answer :heart: I have always blocked the projects in which I’m the moderator but this time I have made a mistake.I’ll ask to the subber to delete her translations or, if she doesn’t,I’ll ask to the channel manager. I generally don’t have this problem because as a moderator I send a massage to every subber on the team in order to make the things clear and I know very well the members of my team too.Thanks again for your help :cupid:

1 Like

There are two things to consider.

1. Is this person new to Viki? Look at her profile. Maybe she genuinely didn’t know. If this is the case, she should be treated differently.
  2. How was her translation? If it was quite good, it would be a pity to delete all her work. Yes, scold her, make sure it doesn’t happen again, and send a p.m. to the Channel Manager to explain, but don’t make her delete good subs.
6 Likes

Hi irmar :heart: First of all,thanks for the answer.I have already seen her translations and there are many mistakes. I kindly said her that she wasn’t allowed to translate without my consent and I’ve asked her to delete the translations because she translated almost all the film.At first I was upset because this is unfair for my team that in this way can’t work but I’ve always be gentle and pulite with everyone​:heart::heart:I’ll wait for her answer and I’ll discussione with her about what we should do.Maybe I can give her the possibility to be parte of the team,but giving the possibility to translate to the other subbers too.Have a nice day and thanks again​:kissing_heart::heart:

3 Likes

Dear Dramalover_742–
Be sure to ask the Channel Manager to write to viki staff right away to make the channel a “designated channel” so only designated team members can access the sub editor or the seg timer. Otherwise the channel is “open” to anyone who can access viki.

3 Likes

Hi :heartbeat: Thanks for the advice :kissing_heart: