Comedies with Lovable Kids/ 'Adopted' Families

I’m looking for shows like The Great Show, but with less politics and more family antics. I love watching male and female leads stumble around trying to take care of a sudden ‘adopted’ family :joy: That babysitting scene in Oh My Venus totally had me cracking up!

2 Likes
4 Likes

@choitrio

OMG! I’ve seen it so many times, and I cry buckets with some awesome parts it has. You and I seems to have the same taste in dramas/movies.

2 Likes

Yep, I found Scandal Makers to be both hilarious and heart-warming. I think it is underrated.

3 Likes

Bad Family - I don’t know if you can see it anywhere actually except for the kid all family members are fake.

Might not fit to 100% with your description but worth a try, if you like kids as a bonding “element”.

1 Like

I also liked Scandal Makers and Five is Enough, the others I haven’t watched. Marriage Contract has quite a bit of interaction with the daughter, she’s quite a brat in the beginning though.

I haven’t finished Go Ahead yet, but it starts off with them as kids morphs into an alternative family, and then to adults.

3 Likes

Come to think of it k dramas rarely do children dramas and when they add a kid they disappear and never follow till the end. Hate that bc those kids are genius.

hmmmm…maybe the parents of said kids don’t want them in too much spotlight at such a young age?? who knows :thinking: but the child actors who appear as SO FREAKING GOOD like some of them are total pros!! Baek Eun Ha from Flower of Evil and some other “younger selves” of CEOs/FLs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ooh Go Ahead, the only c-drama I truly loved :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: the kids are so adorableeeee!!! the family is so beautiful, I cried so much! all the actors were amazing, hope you enjoy it!

2 Likes

You’re not kidding. They are amazing. My favorites are
Moon Woo Jin (What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim, Come and Hug Me, It’s Ok not to be OK)
& Nam Da Reum, although Nam Da Reum is 18 now, so hardly a child (Pinocchio, Radio Romance, While You Were Sleeping, and on and on.)

2 Likes

ahh this one is in your Underrated Gems collection…already in my watchlist :grin:

wow @lutra didn’t expect to get so many, it feels like there are hardly any dramas with kids in them!

ohh this sweetheart is basically every single CEO’s younger self :heart_eyes::joy: still love him though

2 Likes

You may like “My Little Baby” with Oh Ji Ho. Features an adorable 6-month-old baby who must suddenly be cared for by her detective uncle after the sudden death of her parents (his sister and her husband).

2 Likes

How about Welcome to Waikiki, I’ve only watched a couple episodes, a while back, so I’m not sure how much of a role the baby plays.

1 Like

I did a quick google search, and there’s a reddit thread that has a few suggestions.
Kdrama with parenting a toddler/young child : kdramarecommends (reddit.com)

1 Like

awww the synopsis is so sweet, I totally wanna watch it!

oh the baby plays a huge role, she’s the absolute sweetest, most adorable character ever! I love how everyone pitches in to help take care of her…she basically runs the whole show :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I stuck with it just to watch her grow!

1 Like

Terrius Behind Me! awh I love this drama so muchhhh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
​I​ really didn’t mind the lack of romance…all the relationships were so wholesome and the kids were ADORABLE. Even though I’m watching another drama now, I keep wanting to go back and watch the whole thing a few more times :sweat_smile:

How can I resist these sweethearts?​

1 Like

@mslakisha

1 Like

I see this was posted early on! @vivi_1485 have you watched it!

SWEET SWEET SWEET

And Park Bo Young can SANG - the little boy is so adorable! Great movie! I will watch it again.
Asian Wiki

This KID is so PRESH

2 Likes

@vivi_1485, Have you watched Unforgettable Love? The little boy is so cute (complete terror in Ep 1, but just get past it) I’m only on episode 3 right now, but so far I’m loving it.

Unforgettable Love (2021) - Full Cast & Crew - MyDramaList

2 Likes

I started this one and then squirrelled off with some other drama :sweat_smile: I’m a fool for Miles Wei so I’ll find time to complete it someday… and you’re right, the kid is ADORABLE(though a little too spoilt lol)

Miles Wei & Lennon Sun (Unforgettable Love)

1 Like