Continue watching issues (removing shows)

Is anybody else having issues removing shows from there continue watching list when using the website?

I’ve tried both Firefox and Google Chrome. Attempting to remove a show using the website results in a message along the lines of ‘unable to remove show. Please try again later’ I’ve also tried clearing all cookies for viki.com to no avail

I can still remove shows can continue watching via the android phone and tablet app. Trying to figure out if this is just me , or we are having more general issues with continue watching again.

1 Like

Same here, I tried on my computer and it just shows a message “Unable to remove the show. Try again later”. Seems to be a bug

3 Likes

You are not alone. I am having the same problem when I try to remove shows from my Continue Watching list when using the website. I also get the “Unable to remove show, Try again later message.”
I noticed that Viki is making changes to their website, so perhaps it is a glitch.

2 Likes

Continue watching doesn’t work in the first place. It does have the dramas, but if I click, it takes me to the beginning of the episode, not where I left off.

4 Likes

It’s definitely something being worked on, this is not a issue for me now, but I did have this problem just recently.

3 Likes

When I opened Viki’s Request Form link to request Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-ra’s new drama “Family”, the team posted they know about the problem.
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

3 Likes

I was about to submit a support ticket but as you say it looks like they know they are having issues so I will hold off in a hope it’s fixed when are the issues they are having a resolved.

They must be getting fed up of me like me. in the past few months I’ve issued quite a few support tickets :frowning:

2 Likes

i thought i was the only one dealing with this problem and I didn’t know what to

It seems we have new changes coming soon and hopefully all of them will bring happiness to us from the great changes it will bring to RakutenViki.

I was sent this message too and in case you haven’t here it goes
Discussions forum is scheduled for maintenance on 14 February 2023, 12:00 AM - 2:30 AM (PDT) , and will be unavailable during this time. We appreciate your understanding.

PS. I am looking forward to all the wonderful changes here at RVIKi in store for all of us, and I can only pray; they are a success story of changes made for the best/ better of this site we all :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: …so much.

2 Likes

yesterday the video looks weird! the subtitles look different and I am having a hard time adjusting! the mouse icon doesn’t disappear in full screen mode on browser and have to push it right into the corner! ugh I don’t like changes! I don’t see any timed comments either?

5 Likes

Hello one and all
Well, the support ticket has gone in. I’m still not able to remove shows from continue watching via the website , and yes, I have clear browsing data/cookies as Viki asks on the help site

If I had to take a guess what’s going on. If you look at the website. It seems that Viki may be between two different systems at the moment many parts of the site use the new design but there’s still some parts of it that use the old format I think of being between two different systems might be causing some strange issues

On the plus side, yesterday I discovered that the Viki app that LG TVs is now available in Europe (at least in the United Kingdom anyway) :grinning: Just a heads up for anyone that wants to use it it not listed in the premium section of the LG content store, which is where Viki says it should be to find it easily you’ll have to search for it manually, while inside the content store. You’ll also need a Viki pass to use it . It will work with a standard pass. I first noticed that something might have changed yesterday when I noticed that the help article for LG TVs no longer said that the app was United States only.

2 Likes

I am able to remove shows from my “Continue Watching” list in the website. Hopefully everything is fixed now with Viki system upgrade.

3 Likes

Still no luck for me. Unfortunately. But they haven’t replied to my ticket yet, so I’ll see what they say.

1 Like

Sorry it is still not working for you, @command_234 Hope that it will be fixed soon.