"Continue Watching" list not updating... again?

I haven’t seen a notice as I have at times when the “continue watching” list wasn’t updating. There have been some errors lately with it but they seemed to be resolved fairly quickly. It seems that this hasn’t been updating all day now though? I’m currently watching from a computer though there had also been an issue with the “continue watching” list on the app a few days ago so it may be both that have an issue at the moment. Anyone else notice this?

5 Likes

Yep. It started for me today on both the browser version and the app.

2 Likes

It’s been a long time that it hasn’t been working for me. I resorted to writing everything on mydramalist, so that I know which episodes I have watched, because Viki doesn’t give me that information anymore on the episode list page of the drama.
On the other hand, on the front page, it does give me “continue watching” for dramas that I’ve finished, only because I didn’t watch the last seconds of the ending credits. And there’s no way to remove those.

3 Likes

It seems that they all updated now, which is great because I tend to jump around a lot when I watch and don’t otherwise keep track of where I’m at with dramas because that’s too much work lol

2 Likes

You can’t remove the “continue watching” list? You should be able to hit the edit button and then “x” them out to remove them.

If there are issues with the continue watching list sometimes stopping the video from just forwarding to the next video and dragging the time all the way to the end of the video then allowing it to go to the next one sometimes helps. I don’t bother writing things down but most of the time it’s been keeping track of the shows well so I’m not sure why yours hasn’t worked for you in a long time. :frowning:

3 Likes

As @nrjjsbh said, if you click on the “Continue Watching” heading, or “see all” from your homepage, there should be an “edit” button near the top right. This allows you to “X” out any dramas you wish to delete from the category and then click “done”. I am not sure if the app has this same feature, but you can do this on the browser. Unless, of course, you are experiencing a glitch in this process, which we can never rule out.

As an update, my “continue watching” also recovered late last night.

2 Likes

I just did that, thank you!

3 Likes

As of August 26 @ 1:42AM there’s still NO videos I’ve been currently watching listed in the Continue Watching section NOR the current Episode isn’t showing and the vids I HAVE watched aren’t showing that I HAVE watched them. I’m really tired of nothing working correctly, yet I have an autopaid subscription to VIKI.

Yes, I have disengaged ALL, and I do mean ALL, of the ad blockers, and have given VIKI full permission on settings, which no one should have to do on a secure site.

I’ve changed browsers, uninstalled browsers & reinstalled after clearing the old logs in my files, haven’t added any ad blockers, checked my firewall settings, run virus and malware scans (clean), AND I’M AT MY WITS END. I shouldn’t have to write down which show, the episode currently watching, and the time where I left off.

Would someone PLEASE fix this issue so IT DOES NOT RECUR.

1 Like

You’re very right! Viki is sorely lacking in this respect now, and this feature used to work just fine. Even a pirate site which I often go to always asks you “Do you want to continue where you left off?”. It remembers!
So many of us have turned to mydramalist to keep track of our dramas. It is very user-friendly in that respect. It has categories like “watching now”, “completed”, “dropped”, “to watch later”, and the number of episodes watched can be updated by clicking on the + button. And you can write down the minute you’re on in the Notes field.

3 Likes

That’s interesting, I didn’t know that mydramalist actually had full shows you could watch on there. I’ve only seen the clips or ones where it shows other sites you can watch them. I may have to check it out but I like the selection on Viki.

I haven’t had any issues on the “continue watching” list now for a while. I’m not sure it hasn’t been working for some since from what I’ve seen issues usually are fixed within a few hours or at least 24 hrs or so.

That is a misunderstanding, you can “organize” your plans to watch or the list you already have tried/gave up/completed, you also can do recommendations, reviews, ratings. You sometimes might find streaming sources through MDL, but it is not providing streaming service.

2 Likes

That makes more sense. When you go to watch something there it redirects to another site. I’ve seen that it can organize things but have never bothered to do that since I’d rather have that option in an actual streaming site.

Yes, of course! And that’s the whole point of this post. Why doesn’t THIS streaming site offer more organizing options for its paying members (and us volunteers, who are as good as paying)? Even the “continue watching” feature which used to work, now doesn’t. In the meanwhile, they’re implementing purely cosmetic changes (that not everyone likes anyway). Ugh.

3 Likes