Copy&Paste Subs

Hello everyone, as an editor or moderator, if I copy the translation from another subber and paste it into the same segment, the system won’t recognize the change and will flag it as an existing translation. My question is, in this case, do the contributions on my profile increase even though I didn’t translate it myself? I’m asking because I’ve noticed some subbers change the subtitle but actually copy and paste the same one. Is this kind of activity allowed?
Thank you!

3 Likes

If it’s the same subtitle the system doesn’t allow you to submit it, only if you change something in the subtitle. I usually edit some visual problems like double space, line broke… but not everybody do it. Change the subtitle intentionally to increse the number of subtitles is not allowed and the person can be report about it.

Any change/edition that you do on the subtitle it counts.

7 Likes

Thanks so much.

2 Likes

@ ale_sandra99_933
I don’t think it is appropriate for you to change double space to single space and get a contribution out of that. You haven’t really improved the subtitle and the difference between a double space and a single space is barely discernible on screen. What language skills have you used to edit the subtitle like that?

2 Likes

I understand your point, but it’s something that bothers me, and if I have the chance to correct it, I do. I believe that as it bothers me to watch it, bothers to others viewer too. As a viewer, I have the impression that the subtitle wasn’t edited, although it’s a small problem (more esthetic). Well, again, I understand your point, but it’s how I think.

10 Likes

What language skills do we need for formatting? We need to format either way. It’s the responsibility of the editors to check and correct the subtitles and that does include taking out unnecessary spaces or adding ones that are necessary. We would do it regardless of whether we would get a contribution point for it or not, but we still make the effort so why wouldn’t we get a point?

9 Likes