Cover page of profile

Hello! I hope you are well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m making this post because I would like to know if someone can explain me how to make my cover page of my profile? I’ve been looking for it but I can’t really find how to do it.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

What do you exactly mean?
The profile page on Viki?
You need to go to your profile, click “edit profile”, then “About me” and then you add whatever you want to add.
The profile on Discussions?
You need to go to your profile, click “Preferences”, then “Profile” and you have all the options there.
Or maybe you meant something else?

2 Likes

thank you very much, suddenly you know how to add images? i also tried that but nothing loads.

1 Like

How are you trying to put the images there? Copy paste? I forget the dimensions, might be like 600x600, above that, you can’t upload, you have to hotlink it.

2 Likes

It works exactly like MS Word or any other word processor.
For images, you click on the image and you have the option to upload from your computer, but careful, it shouldn’t be .webp (.jpg is fine, .gif is fine) and NOT MORE THAN 400 kb. If it’s more than that, it fails to upload. For larger files you have to go upload your image to a hosting site, which is a hassle, I don’t recommend it, as those sites suddenly become paying, or they disappear, so you lose all the content you’ve saved there. But why would you need anything bigger than 400 kb for a web page?
For tables, again you click on the table image (the one that looks like a grid) and choose where it will be positioned (left, center, right), how many rows and columns, how much margin etc.
For links you choose/highlight the word which you want to become a link, then click on the image of a chain and you insert the URL. Done!
Fonts, font size, font colour, bold, italic etc. is just like Word.
Yes, if you want to put a coloured background, you’ll have to know a little html, but just basic stuff.

If you find it difficult, we could meet on Zoom for 10-15 minutes and I’ll show you everything.

3 Likes

Actually, you can also upload them here on Discussions (maximum size: 4 MB), in a PM to yourself, and then get the link by right-clicking the posted picture.

5 Likes

That’s a wonderful tip, Mirjam!
For one’s profile page I don’t see the need for such big pictures, but it can be used for cover pages!

3 Likes

Hello! I tried to put it with the upload option, where you have to upload the image and the URL. it did not work and copy and paste did not use it.

Thank you for the answer!

1 Like

Hello!
Oh now I understand why it fails, if your recommendations don’t work for me, could I write you a message to make the meeting by zoom please?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello!

I will try this too! thank you very much.

2 Likes

Sure you can!

1 Like