Crochet meet up group

If I had figured out a way to position a camera behind my head for you to see your hands as I see them, I would love to make tutorials.
In the meanwhile, you can check out youtube videos. Natasha Richardson was an awesome teacher, but unfortunately she’s been having mental stuff and she, among other things, took off most of her wonderful tutorials. Let me see which other English language teacher is good right now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m sure there are an abundance of tutorials online… keep sending them my way if you find something good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I thought this one is good. She teaches the pencil hold, which is the “old”, or European way of crocheting (also done by Russia and Latin America - although many young crocheters influenced by North American videos have started doing it the N.A. way), and allows you for more control over the yarn and work, and less strain on the left hand fingers. It also allows you, over time, to become much quicker.

This one too. Very good basic video!

Crochet Geek (Theresa Richardson)'s videos have been saved and re-uploaded by another user. I’m sure this isn’t “proper” on youtube, but she did a service to other users.

Here is a sample video by Crochet Geek.

And another one, uploaded by someone else who had kept it back then.

I also like this lady, her channel is called Play Hooky with Me:

Meladora has a series of beginner videos in slow motion. But I don’t like that she sticks out her left index finger. It makes for unneeded tension. That finger should be comfortably resting near the others!

3 Likes

These look good, thanks again !! Will update progress soon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This thread will keep me accountable (no pun intended :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)! :yarn:

2 Likes

Steady motivation :heart_decoration: :muscle: :yarn:

3 Likes

1.Random acts of crochet kindness on facebook, 2 also check youtube, they got gazillions of linkd there, 3and of course pinterest. 4 and theres more

1 Like

woww so talented :heart_eyes: how long will it get to take to this level! :pleading_face:

Just looked at this! Thanks for the suggestion :gift_heart:

1 Like