Curious about what segmenter's do? Come watch -check in tomorrow done for Wednesday

@padmalayag

I was just watching a movie and the segments are so bad (lmao) that I felt I was running a marathon bc of trying to read them before they ‘‘changed.’’ to the other seg/sub.

I thought I was going to go cross-eyed. Had to take breaks in between. Bad segments don’t bother me as long as the subtitles are good, and this movie had great subtitles.

1 Like

Most part of the movies are coming presubbed so presegmented since a few years now, so if the CM is not recruiting at least one segmenter to fix the segments, you’ll see movies like that unfortunately.

4 Likes

@angelight313_168 I’m not talking about Viki segments.

gallery

See the micro gaps here.

4 Likes

yesterday got my admittance for the segmenting training. I’m quite thrilled and scared haha

4 Likes

@padmalayag

You do segments somewhere else? I used to also do segments and subtitles on YouTube a long while ago.

This is the way I used to see the mini gaps on viki. Micro gaps you can barely see, but I call them ‘‘hiccups’’ and they really are described as ‘‘flashing’’ in the video/screen.

@poeticpeep
There’s nothing to be scared about; segmenting is very simple once you get the hang of it. The ‘‘sensei’’ as they are called; are really nice and patient.

6 Likes

thankyou, you are a real angel, i feel better

4 Likes

@poeticpeep

Thank you. Keep us posted of your progress. I know you’ll do just fine.

4 Likes