Disqus' Notifications error?

I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this problem or if it is a problem, but since a few days ago, I can’t open the notification pannel from Disqus when I’m in the Team Discussions.

Even though I click on it, it takes me to the Disqus website instead, where I don’t see anything about those notifications. This is bugging me :sweat_smile:.

I already reset all the cookies on Viki. Anyone have this problem too or suggestions on how to fix it?

5 Likes

I also have the same problem and it’s very annoying.

3 Likes

It really is :sob:.

1 Like

I am also having a similar problem. It takes me a lot of tries to open my notifications. Every time I click on them, a new tab opens with Disqus’s website rather than the regular pop-up.

3 Likes

I’ve just had to reconfirm cookies for Disqus. Perhaps your ad blocking tool is also blocking that pop-up. I use ABP and I got the pop-up, but other extensions might be blocking it.

Asides from clearing your cookies, you should also always clean your cache.

And then perhaps log out and back into Viki.

5 Likes

I have had the same problem for quite some time now. Thanks a lot for some tips. I hope it will help :slight_smile:
Edit: It did not help, unfortunately. Still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Yes, I have tried all of those things before and just did them again, but it didn’t help :confused:

2 Likes

Like always Disqus sucks, sorry to say this, but they continuously want people to sign on… this is what pops up when I click on notification… I will not sign with them…

2 Likes

Has somebody opened a ticket at the Viki Help centre for this?

It seems the Viki-Disqus connection might not be working properly.

3 Likes

I got a prompt to accept cookies today from Viki, but this didn’t solve the problem.

I just submitted a request.

3 Likes

I am not sure if it has something to do with extensions or ad-blocking tools. I tried on my mobile browser which does not has extensions, but I couldn’t open the pop-up. It would every time take me to the page which Simi showed.

If I am lucky enough, the pop-up sometimes opens; if not, I just have to take a guess and go to various TDs myself.

3 Likes

It could be related to the disqus account Viki has… as they have manager control… like any web there are continuous changes and Viki hasn’t adapted to the changes or has not implemented changes yet… this could be one possibility… but we’ll see.

Why I’m thinking so it’s that it leads to main web of disqus… in past it would lead to another disqus page saying to create an account but this time the web looks more for professionals who use disqus on their site… unless they completely changed their website…

3 Likes

Mine is working very fine.

1 Like

I have a similar problem, where I can see that there are notifications, but when I click on it, it just hangs and doesn’t take me to the actual reply or reaction.

1 Like

Exactly, it’s the same for me…

1 Like

I still have this problem. I was hoping it would be gone by now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Has anybody been able to solve this issue? It still doesn’t work for me :pleading_face:

2 Likes

No, and the ticket is still open.
Haven’t received a reply yet :cry:

2 Likes

Hey, how about PMing Sean or Amy they do respond to PMs, and you can expect a fast reply to the ticket. I’m telling this coz i did the same.

1 Like

Suddenly my inbox turned like this

Screenshot_20220126-222443_Chrome Screenshot_20220126-222451_Chrome