Do people outside the US not matter anymore?

It’s so upsetting that these days I, as a gold QC, bump into more and more restrictions on Viki so I need to resort to other means to watch the Kdrama I want to watch. I understand getting licenses is hard and expensive but I have the feeling Viki isn’t even trying their hardest anymore to at least get a QC worldwide license. Do we not matter anymore?

Next to watching drama it also makes volunteering harder as the Kdrama I can watch are sometimes also segged/subbed by Viki staff.

All in all I was so happy Viki was different then the other well known site but now it turns into that kind of site too :confounded:

12 Likes

i feel you… i feel you…

Rviki site, lost me a long, long time ago when they became a money hungry site like all others. I’m glad I have Netflix and Amazon fire stick since cable here sucks, too.

I see dramas from all over the world and they are all so awesome, too. It’s worth every single penny I pay for it. Here at this site, if I had to pay, I would feel cheated, deceived, and disappointed all the time. Most of the dramas I like here and want to see, are ‘‘out of region,’’ and I live in USA so I don’t feel this is just for outside of USA thing going on.

Do you have examples?
I don’t have much time lately to watch any dramas and since I tend to watch older dramas as well,
I might not have noticed it as much. I do notice it with variety shows though.

Yeah with variety shows too. I don’t really watch them but recently some artists I like been on a few that are on Viki but nope cannot watch them due restrictions.

But let’s give a few examples:
Tempted a.k.a The great seducer
Come and Hug Me
Hide and Seek
Let me introduce her
Your Honor
The Rich Son
Hold me Tight

Some are upcoming so I hope the license gets extended so I can watch it here.

4 Likes

Just take a look on the network, it’ almost MBC, SBS and KBS = Kocowa. In many cases Viki is the CM, I guess in order to prevent, that OL teams are subbing via VPN.

When I find new channels and see the dramas are from those networks, I take a step back and watch, how they vanish from the European “radar”.

4 Likes

Ah I see. Yeah it would be great if they licensed it to Europe, instead of us being forced to use a VPN like @somejuwels said or to use ‘illegal’ sites to watch the dramas we really want to watch T.T

(I might get a VPN in the future though…but not specifically for this, and it doesn’t really solve the problem).

Comparing the American “Coming Soon” section (3 pages) with the European one (1 page) makes me really sad (and the limited content compared to the US is the reason why I started to only buy a Standard VP when it’s on sale).

VPNs don’t let you watch VPP only content ofc (when you want to watch new K*cowa content directly) so it’s only useful for non-VPP content or you have to wait the 3 weeks for new dramas.

I would also really like to watch some old dramas from 10+ years ago Viki added recently. And don’t forget all the great Korean movies that are only licensed in the Americas (but you can watch with VPN) which I don’t understand at all.