Do you cook?

Join the group👉Favorite Cake

👉 Cake world 🎂👉 Cake lovers 💙 👉Cake art 🎂 👉Cake designs 🎂

👉Cute Baby ❤️ 🎂🎂🎂

Keep cool everyone!!

3 Likes

I started dinner cooking game at home, if we are watching Korean drama, thank i would cook some Korean dish, if Spanish then its Spanish dish, if it is Scandinavian show then i try to recreate some Nordic dish. Its just fun game …

3 Likes

Source✓ - 가나댁과 U모임 - Ghanadak Glad

That’s nice

1 Like

@cynthiahopelife_313,
Thank You! And, (⁠*⁠❛⁠‿⁠❛⁠)⁠→ :point_down:t5:

Ensure you read the discussions guidlines, to have a safe, and fun experience. :wink: :+1:t5:

https://discussions.viki.com/guidelines

https://contribute.viki.com/discussion-guidelines

https://contribute.viki.com/community-guidelines

Oh those sandwiches are cool for kids :laughing:
The Chocolate Piano must have been labor of love and too precious to eat! So pretty!!

I made 10 days ago a vegetable quiche… I bought the dough already rolled out and with backing paper.
The veggies are leak, green beans and topped with onion rings and cherry tomatoes all but onion was from my garden and the added bacon obviously bought.
I sauteed bacon leak and beans let it cool and then prepare a mixture of egg, sour cream, a bit milk salt grated cheese, salt pepper, toss over veggies on the tart add cheese onion rings, tomatoes halves and red peppers and bake for 30/40 minutes at approx. 325/350 F
I see if I can post a pic from my phone…

4 Likes

Looks delicious.

2 Likes

:thought_balloon::thinking: Now. . . how do we sample our fellow online community’s works of heart! :blush: Tell me somebody! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I find that I like quiche.

1 Like

I can’t really cook but I can follow simple recipes. But I have been know to screw those up. So I consider the Swedish Chef my spiritanimal :grin:

2 Likes

:two_hearts: thanks for the concern

1 Like

Really :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Burmese Grapes, not your regular grapes. Click the :gear:/cc for English, and OL subs. It was made into mayonnaise for the gigantic burger, filled with sausage, crisp chicken, and large burger patties. Including your typical lettuce, onions, ketchup, etc. :wink::+1:t5:

Health, & Nutritional Benefits of Burmese Grapes.

Nutrition Value
100 g serving of Burmese grapes contains 92 KCal energy.
It contains a very good amount of Vitamin C, Iron and minerals. Two to three grapes in a day will fulfill the demand of Vitamin C.
Each 100 g of Burmese grapes contain 10.04 mg of Vitamin B1 and 0.20 mg of Vitamin B2
It contains amino acids and enzymes responsible for body metabolism

Health Benefits
As it is highly rich in Vitamins, it helps to bolster our immunity system.
Burmese grapes are beneficial for controlling blood sugar and cholesterol
It increases appetite and reduces nausea.
The bark and leaves are useful for skin problems
The dried leaves powder is use in the treatment of diarrhea.

Source✓

@simi11,
She talked about it in her community post, I took some screenshots below, there’s no share button for the community posts.

2 Likes

Mother nature has all the things we need, we just need to know how to use it.
That burger was so huge!! It was feeding the village and dogs :rofl: That big dog is so big too and so cute!! The other dish looked delicious as well, was that lotus root salad with the grapes and some hot chilies :yum:

2 Likes

I have found a bunch of cabbage recipes on youtube, they sound so good, going to have to try them.

only problem is the nutrition value, diabetic here

also Korean toast? oh that looked so good!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2 Likes

oops sorry didnt add sub titles!!!ok click on YT and it will go right to it

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////I googled the nutritional value of most of these, and very good! guess have to watch out for those sauces and all.

1 Like

How to make :kr: Korean noodles sauce.
Easy to follow, on screen, viewing, instructions. :wink: Don’t forget to share your experience of making it, and whether you liked it or not, happy cooking!

1 Like

I always wanted to know about kimchi, so here it is!

What is the main ingredient in the Korean dish called “kimchi”?

Cabbage

Kimchi, a staple of Korean cuisine, is a vibrant and flavorful dish made primarily from Napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage) and a distinctive mix of spices and seasonings. This spicy, tangy, and sometimes pungent fermented side dish has gained international popularity for its unique taste and numerous health benefits. To truly appreciate kimchi, it’s essential to understand its origins, ingredients, preparation methods, and cultural significance.

Kimchi’s roots can be traced back over 2,000 years to ancient Korea. It has evolved significantly over time, adapting to the availability of ingredients and regional variations. Originally, kimchi was a simple blend of vegetables, salt, and brine. The practice of fermenting vegetables, however, dates back even further, as Koreans sought to preserve their harvests for the harsh winter months. Fermentation not only extended the shelf life of vegetables but also enhanced their flavor and nutritional value.

Throughout history, kimchi has held a crucial place in Korean culture. It has been served on royal tables, used as a form of currency, and is an integral part of traditional ceremonies and festivals. During the Korean War, when food was scarce, kimchi played a vital role in providing essential nutrients to the people.

Korean cuisine boasts numerous kimchi varieties, including baechu kimchi (cabbage kimchi), kkakdugi (radish kimchi), and oi kimchi (cucumber kimchi), to name a few. Some kimchi recipes are milder, while others are fiery hot, catering to diverse taste preferences.

Kimchi can be served as a side dish, incorporated into soups, stews, and stir-fries, or used as an ingredient in dishes like kimchi fried rice and kimchi pancakes. The versatility of kimchi makes it a versatile and indispensable element of Korean cuisine.

Kimchi isn’t just delicious; it’s also renowned for its health benefits. As a fermented food, kimchi is a rich source of probiotics, which promote gut health and aid digestion. It’s low in calories and packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, including vitamins A and C, folate, and iron. The capsaicin in gochugaru may even have metabolism-boosting properties.

2 Likes

question!! is Kimche easy to make/process??

2 Likes

It’s pretty easy, some of Viki fans here, have posted they’ve done it at home. See these versions by 가나댁과 U모임 - Ghanadak Glad. She says the ingredients in English, as you’re watching. She clearly displays the ingredients, but her channel is mostly in Korean. You can recognize what she uses, just by watching.

• Scallion Kimchi:
  • Cucumber Kimch:
  • Chives Kimchi:
2 Likes