Do you cook?

No, I used it as massage oil for muscle aches, or you can use few drops with your facial cream. But you can also create a salve oil/bee wax/plus additional essential oil. There is more on google :wink: (make sure to dry them at least for 24 hrs, water and oil don’t mix well and could spoil faster, also I found olive oil a bit too heavy, so grapeseed oil is or avocado oil is lighter, jojoba oil is expensive)

2 Likes

This is so funny I didn’t se it and I had to see if my mobile had written a strange word and no it hadn’t… It’s still the right word but ok… Vikis diskussion on another app…:wink:

1 Like

ok lets see if this one you all like

this page was too long for here, but its really a good read, so take the time to read it. interesting!!!

2 Likes

I loved all the recipes thats shared on hedre, how about more??

Tuna patties
or salmon patties

or our Korean & Chinese ones, course the rest of our world too!! I like to learn different recipes

1 Like

You may THINK you like store-bought tortillas but once you try homemade Fry Bread Tacos, your opinion will be forever changed! Recipe: [Fry Bread Tacos - Sweet Tea and Sprinkles]

(Fry Bread Tacos - Sweet Tea and Sprinkles)

1 Like

At the d.is.cord some one wrote about dolma and its quite interesting that there are so many versions that probably comes from the same base. This isn’t my recipe but it’s similar to mine,
“Recipe: Swedish cabbage rolls with cream sauce and lingonberry jam (kåldolmar med gräddsås och lingon)” Recipe: Swedish cabbage rolls with cream sauce and lingonberry jam (kåldolmar med gräddsås och lingon)

3 Likes

one I gotta try! I filed & saved it in my recipes,

1 Like

If you can’t get lingoberries the closest thing I know is cranberries, it’s not the same but still.

2 Likes

So I found a case of 4 lbs (2 kg) of apricots from Italy for 50% off since it was Saturday closed on Sunday.
My mom used to make this in summer, it’s also tasty straight from fridge when days are hot :rofl:
In German it’s called Streuselkuchen in Czech Drobenkovy Kolac in English I’m not sure, it’s a tart cake for a baking sheet with yeast dough and any fruits you want, with or without curd or Quark and the Streusel meaning a topping made of flour, butter and sugar.
I used a mix of different recipes that I liked, I always use less sugar and less fat, but one recipe amount of flour or milk didn’t match since I had to add more flour.
This is similar to what I did, I used one egg though and for Streusel it’s about all equal parts and I used also less, so it must not be all covered… I’m thinking on the calories side :grin:

I try to post picture from my phone…

The curd mix goes straight onto the dough and then fruits and last the crumbs or Streusel.
Ca. 250-280 grams Quark, 1 eggyolk, 40 gram sugar, lemon zest, vanilla or vanilla sugar

3 Likes

Looks real yummy @simi11 :yum:

Okay, sounds like you are in your happy place. :rofl:

1 Like

Zucchini Patties 😍😍

2 cups grated zucchini

2 eggs, beaten

¼ cup chopped onion

½ cup all-purpose flour

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

recipe: https://belaya.info/zucchini-patties.html

#BOOMchallenge
#icancookchallenge

what is courgettes. thats in the recipe? well I did find out, and this is a new one for me

1. https://www.delightedcooking.com › what-are-courgettes.htm

What are Courgettes? (with pictures) - Delighted Cooking

Jun 4, 2023Last Modified Date: June 04, 2023. Courgette is the British, and particularly the New Zealand, name for zucchinis. People in the UK may refer to it as marrows. Zucchinis come in many shapes and a few different colors. People are likely most familiar with those that are long green oblongs, resembling a cucumber, but round or yellow ones can be … People are likely most familiar with those that are long green oblongs, resembling a cucumber, but round or yellow ones can be found in many stores. It is perhaps the best known and most popular of the summer squashes.

3 Likes

ok y’all here’s a crazy question, and no prize, only be a friend share, be kind

what is a stinky rose??

what about a wolf fruit??

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

spoiled sports!!!

1… garlic
2… tomato

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: I didn’t know though. . . Why is a tomato a Wolf’s fruit? :thinking::thought_balloon:

1 Like

It was called wolf’s fruit many years ago

2 Likes

so another history lesson, and I didn’t know either

2 Likes

I just planted yesterday a zucchini plant hoping to get good harvest, I also like zucchini bread!! I haven’t done the patties for a while and should do them again, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

One thing my mother made when I was growing up with frozen red currants (or cranberries) , dry sponge cake (if you have left that have become dry), vanilla ice cream and hot tjinuski sauce/caramel sauce. Might sound strange but the ice cold sour berries and everything else together is perfect.

3 Likes

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds good!!

2 Likes

I haven’t had zucchini bread since last year. hm seems like I need to make it again

1 Like

I’m trying to make apricot compote in jars for winter and then dry some… we’ll see how it turns out. I’m making the honey version.

3 Likes