Drama Fever has shut down!

Does that work well? I’ve tried that before with YouTube and the quality was awful. If quality will be an issue, I’ll purchase something.

Thanks. I think I’m leaning towards Roku. I initially thought I’d get the Fire Stick since we have Alexa, but it sounds like there are some speed issues with that.

When I found out DF was gone, I surprised myself that I cried. I’m disabled and the kdramas bring so much joy. I barely watch cable tv. Having so many shows now not available and these favourites ie: Scarlet Heart, Goblin, Heirs etc. is so upsetting.

It’s true that Viki and DF had different contents, but also some shows which were restricted to me in Viki were available in DF. I’m in Canada so I think we get less shows.

I hope Viki grows with more content, ie: the shows from DF, and I’m willing to pay for more subbers.

I hold a standard pass with Viki and now am debating if I should go to premium. I don’t think I’ll get a refund from DF :rage:, which I paid for renewal in July.

I wish I knew how to contact Warners or whoever cancelled DF to voice my complaint and ask for refund.

Let’s hope :crossed_fingers:t2:we get those lost shows from somewhere.

1 Like

I too have a Samsung tv and was upset when Viki app no longer worked. What did we do to get all these disappointments? :tired_face:

I now watch via Apple TV. I have to play the show on my iPad and airplay through the Apple TV to watch on my TV. It is a pain though, because the show drops from airplay a lot and I go through the steps to get it playing on my tv again and also at times it doesn’t automatically go to the next episode so I have to go to my iPad to open next episode. I’m getting faster on the steps I have to do…yay?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I really hope you do get a refund because I read an article that says only a VERY few DF subscribers will get
their money refunded bc they have a policy that protects them and they don’t need to give everyone a refund.

Call your credit company they can help you with that and sometimes they get all your money back. Since you have a disability that can play in your favor. Call your credit card company that you use for payments and explain what happened. Best of luck.

I have read a few articles where they are saying that DF will come back with a different name. I don’t want to repost the article bc of the source is coming from (is not from the company).

I suggest to everyone to call the credit card company that you use to make the payments to Drama Fever and explain what happened. They might be able to help you get a refund. I had a similar situation with another company, and my credit card company contacted the company discuss the issue and I got payments stopped and I was refunded for the payments they had already taken out.

Good Luck to everyone!

Even if the original YouTube video was in HD?
Something that is crappy to begin with, will look more crappy if enlarged.
Oh well, if you have a laptop and a cable you can find out by trying it :slight_smile:

and a lot of times they werent subbed so I went to DF to watch the drama

I agree, I am also one of the older ones, 71. but I lso like them because of no sex or violence, so what happens if all of them I mean all of them shut down??

I do that for 15+ years already and the quality is the same on my tv as on my imac. So if the YT video is poor quality then it will be poor quality on your laptop/pc and tv as you clone your screen as it is on your tv. It becomes a 2nd screen. Sometimes you need to toggle the resolution on your tv or pc a bit if the default isn’t working well because your pc might have an other resolution then your tv but that’s really easy.

Of course if you clone your screen on a very old TV which is not HD ready yet the quality will be less then your computer screen but most likely not so much it becomes really annoying. And the quality of your HDMI cable can matter too. I once bought an cheap HDMI cable to attach my digital tv box to my tv but it wouldn’t work, then I attached my dvd player to my tv with that same cable and it does work… don’t know why…

Hi Guys anyone who subbed through paypal should be able to get a refund if they call in and asked to speak to a agent and explain what happened and its the smaller monthly fee hope that helps my biggest concern is will this affect Viki badly? or does this mean now Viki can rescue DF content?

1 Like

New here from DF. I was wondering why their “servers were down for maintenance” for a couple days, but hadn’t put two and two together that they were actually closed until I got the email from them yesterday. I seriously feel almost heartbroken :disappointed:

I already paid for the basic subscription here and I’m glad to have found a place to watch my dramas again!

3 Likes

So no refund! Great way to piss people off. People may not join the new stream site that Warner Media is trying to put their efforts in. Really not a smart move. I guess they feel that 400,000 subscribers are not a lot considering their are millions of other people who watch Netflix, HBO etc. I am sure that there were plenty of people who could not afford to pay but would watch with ads. They better be careful, nowadays social media is very far reaching.

What was your payment method Paypal canceled and processed a refund for on them when I called because they knew i probably wouldn’t get it back from DF

Amen to that.

Welcome to Viki, Beth!
The community here is very lively and there’s lots of conversations, under each episode. We discuss, analyze character motives, we rant about tropes, we swear at the writers sometimes, we whine when Viki doesn’t listen to us more, we fight among ourselves sometimes, but we all share our love for dramas and have a wonderful time.
I am sure you’ll find yourself at home pretty soon!

:tulip: :tulip: :tulip: :tulip:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Viki community!

I was absolutely shocked by this. I opened the app on my phone to an error message, so I tried to uninstall and install it again, but couldn’t find the app at all in the play store. Then I googled DF and lo and behold. I can’t believe they didn’t even send out a message to paying customers the day they shut down. And no word on a refund. I’m very disappointed.

I understand that this is very much an effect of supply and demand (K Dramas getting more popular, thus more expensive), but it’s interesting to see how this will affect the industry as a whole. Do you think this will push people towards illegal streams? The closing of DF and the the presence of Kocowa makes me feel like K Dramas are becoming more exclusive and closed off to the international community. J Dramas have been pretty much unavailable to us for the last decade. And it’s interesting to see what a different approach China has been taking to this. We have official channels on youtube for major dramas completely free. Take Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms for example.

We’ll have to see what happens when AT&T & Warner Bros start their new streaming service. Then again, what about our Latin American and European friends?

And why couldn’t they just run with DF until the new service comes out? I’m sure they already paid the licenses for some series, might as well finish the runs.

1 Like