Drama Fever has shut down!

@happywifebeth Welcome to VIKI :wink:
Happy surfing the site! You’ll get used to it the more you visit different sections of Viki.
FAQ: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/categories/200004004-Get-Started
Communitty: https://www.viki.com/community
Communitty support: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us

2 Likes

@irmar
The new service plans to be up by the end of 2019 :tired_face:
So we have 1 year of more licensed dramas in peace.

On the other hand, hope Viki remains stronger in spite of new potential BIG competitors.
Hope most Vikiers continue staying with us to make the community even much more stronger than ever to fight for what it is to come.
All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall.:relaxed: :muscle::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Desculpem escrever em portuguĂȘs, mas preciso de espaço para desabafar. Estou me sentindo triste e tambĂ©m ofendida, lesada pela maneira como a DF nos tratou, eu estava assistindo quando o app do celular parou de funcionar e pensei que era problema em meu serviço de internet entĂŁo fui dormir, acordei e nĂŁo quis acreditar na verdade, atĂ© agora. Eu tenho plano anual aqui na VIKI e no DF, aliĂĄs paguei hĂĄ aproximadamente um mĂȘs o plano de lĂĄ, e eles nĂŁo dĂŁo uma antecedĂȘncia nem de 24 horas para que pudĂ©ssemos salvar a lista de dramas que estĂĄvamos a seguir. Obrigado pelos 9 anos? O que Ă© isso? Que desrespeito? Mesmo entendendo as questĂ”es comerciais, o mercado nĂŁo impede nenhuma empresa de ter Ă©tica, e comunicar aos seus usuĂĄrios sobre o fim poderia ter sido feito com mais respeito. Quanto a VIKI, estou preocupada com o que vem por aĂ­, depois de um susto desses nĂŁo se sabe o que esperar, mas tambĂ©m estou mais do que disposta a continuar participando da comunidade e impulsionando cada vez mais. Amo os dramas asiĂĄticos e espero que a VIKI possa disponibilizar mais tĂ­tulos atuais inclusive os que tĂ­nhamos no DF. :cry::confused::pensive::relaxed::smile::grinning:

1 Like

Sorry to write in Portuguese, but need space to vent. I’m feeling sad and also offended, hurt by the way DF treated us, I was watching when the phone app stopped working and thought it was problem in my internet service so went to sleep, woke up and did not want to believe the truth, so far now. I have an annual plan here at VIKI and DF, and I paid about a month ago for the plan there, and they do not give a 24-hour notice so we could save the list of dramas we were following. Thanks for the 9 years? What is it? What disrespect! While understanding the business issues, the market does not prevent any company from having ethics, and communicating to its users about the end could have been done with more respect. As for VIKI, I’m worried about what’s next, after a fright like that, do not know what to expect, but I’m also more than willing to continue to participate in the community and push it forward more and more. I love Asian dramas and hope VIKI will be able to offer more current titles, including the ones we had in DF. :cry::confused::pensive::relaxed::smile::grinning:

Rakuten bought Soompi TV and basically dumped all their Kdrama library
 It was passed on from Cruncyroll to Kdrama to Soompi TV with the English subs
 And Viki - 3 years later - has not given us these drama. They have pages for a handful, and are making volunteers sub them (despite having bought the subs for all the drama. Just look at the pages for Medical Brothers with Lee Young Ae, and Jung Dong Gun, or Country Princess with Kang Dong-Won and Bae Doo - Na. Three years later, they are still not offered to us with subs. What Kdrama and Soompi TV did within days, Viki has not done in three years.

And you think they would invest in DramaFever’s library, even if it were available for purchase?

we europeans are always behind. we couldn®t go to DF and kocowa, so why to the new side

sometimes itÂŽs so >___<

1 Like

HBO now also has The Handmaiden. And it was never a mainstream site like Netflix, leaning towards the content with more sex and violence.

Yes, I was thinking the same! If the licensing for a good drama costs a million dollars, I’m amazed Viki gets any big shows at all. Kudos to Viki’s licensing team :heart:[quote=“piranna, post:32, topic:20815”]
For segmenters: bot in case (segmenters don’t recommend it, but Idk for the audience, if they get subs faster on dramas lacking seggers because the bot was there, not sure a lot of them would complain)
[/quote]

Netflix uses bots for segmenting. That’s when I realized just how spoiled I was with excellent segment quality here on Viki.

https://www.viki.com/tv/21511c-running-man

Kocowa is just a streaming site founded, like, yesterday. The fact that we volunteer here allows Viki to stay competitive with fairly low subscription prices and I see nothing wrong with that.

Luckily for you, you can find Goblin and very many superb dramas on Viki as well :smile:

LOL!! :laughing:

I’ve been using Chromecast for over 4 years now with Viki, and its great, no problem. Except, the episodes don’t play one after the other. You have to click play for every episode.

About to automatic vs manually segmenting by volunteers. Ever since I segment on Viki I get annoyed when I’min the cinema or watch something subbed on TV. I always think I shouldn’t have cut it that way, that’s to early or to late!
But subbing wise too we are spoiled on Viki. Like sometimes I watch Dr. Phill when I’m really really bored (don’t judge me) and those eps are professionally subbed in Dutch but you don’t want to know how much details are left out or it’s completely wrong in the context.

I think that if Viki gets some more dramas now due this the segmenting won’t be a problem, the subbing will. I have a channel that has been completely segged for months but it’s a struggle to find subbers so I had to reach out to Viki for help.

And for everyone who is new here and comes from DF. Welcome!:smile: :cake::tada: I hope you feel at home soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was really hoping when Viki bought Soompi Tv we would get We Got Married since it was on Kdrama.com. I hate that a lot of those shows were just dropped. Now I wonder what will happen with the DF shows.

Regarding your comments about Running Man and Goblin, those are regional. So they are not available for people in the states. Because Running Man is offered by Kocowa and DramaFever had the exclusive license for Goblin.

I’ve used Chromecast for a few years and it worked well with all my streaming apps including DramaFever and Viki. Someone down thread said the Viki app doesn’t autoload the next episode but since the beginning of the year it has for me.

I got my refund from DramaFever today (without having to ask for it, so that was good!)

2 Likes

Well, now there is a chance Viki will buy off those rights.

That’s great news! Hopefully everyone gets a refund for the months they still paid for

1 Like

Hello , I hope you don’t mind me asking did you get your refund through PayPal or did your Bank statement show a fund ? I originally pay Drama fever on a yearly basic and I did it on their web site using my computer and using my bank card. At this point I am wondering what method they will use to refund me. How did it work for you please reply Thank you.

1 Like

I paid for an annual subscription using my credit card. I got an email from American Express that a refund was processed. Hopefully your refund goes as easy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I LOVE IT when you said if Kocowa close down you will do a HAPPY DANCE. I don’t want to see any of these legit places close down that offer good top Asian dramas. If that happen we are all DOOM. And I don’t want to go to web site to watch Asian dramas with half naked women. lol

1 Like

Hello again, and thank you for your reply, I am having Withdrawals here with my Asian Dramas addiction, I don’t even watch American shows, I’ll been watching Asian drama for so many years. I feel like a Chicken running around with my head cut off. I have a very strong feeling that DF will come back around again, maybe under a different name. I hope Viki STAY with us and do well since it is now an open market. If they leave please “happywifebeth” come to California and commit me into a mental ward. LMAO

2 Likes

My Viki App doesn’t autoload the next episode and I use Chromecast. I sent Viki a message:no reply.

I use it on my Samsung Tablet so it’s an Android app. Maybe that’s it?