Drama : Immortal Samsara - 沉香如屑 (2022)

Thanks guys! This dropped in my lap all of a sudden! It was surreal! Trang told me it was here so I popped over and signed up. I was #8 on the list. and 20 minutes later I got the email telling me I got the show!
https://t3.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/03/16/78/360_F_103167891_tygpYrCyJeN3sQTf3OuOD7uxDgHh4vVo.jpg

I was absolutely FLOORED! Cheng Yi is one of my most favorite actors! And Yang Zi is perfect as the FL. She is so bubbly. I have been waiting for this show for over a year. AND I put in so many Viki requests for it and GOT IT!. :smiley: I was so happy I was jumping around my house like an idiot!

Immortal8
Immortal10

This is my first long show. I’ve been the CM on a couple of movies and a 10 EP show called Tokyo Noodle Factory. Immortal Samsara will be 54 episodes total in 2 seasons. The first 38 drop from now through Aug 24.

Happily, Beverly (bjohnsonwong) agreed to be the CS and rounded up a segmenting team. Our base team is up and running already - TE, GE, CEs. We have several language moderators appointed and they are gathering their crews. We still have openings for many languages but the moderator limitation means they can’t work on the show until they finish other projects first.

Our TE’s have been busy standardizing the names and spellings of the characters and place names and finalizing the lyrics. We are almost ready to release the first episodes to other languages! They are FAST! Especially considering the amount of research they’ve had to do! I am so grateful they have joined the team!

TE’s: Trangxlnguyen, Bellaboo_, Jadeheart, vacaloca02 and GE: vivi_1485

Immortal11

Of course, we plan to run a WATCH PARTY starting August 16th! By then we’ll have several episodes ready. JOIN US!

immortal14

6 Likes

:blush::blush::blush: You’re so happy, I can tell. :blush::blush::blush: I smiled reading your entire posts. So happy for you! Oh! BTW don’t float around in a fully inflated happiness bubble, you might float all the way to Cheng Yi! :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

Absolutely excited to watch this. I’ve been waiting since I heard about it. Idc how the story ends, I just want to see ChengYi & YangZi.

3 Likes

I have to get used to Cheng Yi’s white/gray hair… it’s so strange… :open_mouth::thinking:

5 Likes

The final vote is in and the POLL is closed! The stuffed ballot box has been emptied and the ballots counted. The winning team name IS:

<i>Timing and Subtitles brought to you by</i> <br> :turtle: <i>The Turtle-Flipping Deity Team</i> :turtle: <i>@ Viki.com</i>

SEASON 1 - Episode 1 of 38 released to Other Languages

6 Likes

I love it! :smile: (人´∀`) :laughing::smile:!! (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧
It’s now inducted into none other than! :drum::drum::drum: Drum roll: (◠‿・)—☆ What is your Favorite Name for Our Subtitle TEAMS - They Crack Me Up! And We Thank Them!💙

4 Likes

He doesn’t have it at the beginning of the show… it’s jet black when he’s in the Deity Realm. I"ve only reached ep 3, though.

2 Likes

It happens in episode 8

4 Likes

I LOOOOOOVE WHITE HAIRED DEITIES! <3

Li HongYi, in Love Better Than Immortality
Vengo, in TMOPB & Pillow Book

I haven’t seen that many so I’m looking forward to ChengYi’s white hair. He has the facial structure of a manhwa character, it’s so perfect.

5 Likes

Screenshot_20220802-193632_Chrome
@mrsjackibrown_768,
Your question.

Blockquote
mrsjackibrown_768
If they can’t love , how do they have immortal babies?:woman_shrugging:

It’s not that they can’t, it’s against the rules in this story’s plot.
Screenshot_20220802-211903_Chrome Screenshot_20220802-211905_Chrome Screenshot_20220802-211929_Chrome

I do find it interesting that the heaven’s punishment for falling in love does nothing to erase it, (the it meaning, being in love,) if you survive the punishment.

4 Likes

Our ML, and FL did a live stream which was critcized as lacking sincerity. IMO they should not have had to do a live stream, at least, not while the show was On Air. It should be enough with the behind the scenes clips, considering they already have other work related commitments. I feel for them being criticized by fans.
Marcus shares this info at mark 4:18 in this post.

Who cares if they were insincere in a livestream? They have such busy schedules and their acting in Immortal Samsara was totally sincere. They’re so cute together!

3 Likes

:100:%! I so agree!

1 Like

Amazing! I’m in love! Fantasy are my favorites!

2 Likes

How to forget the Imperial Lord in Eternal Love of Dream - The story of Fox and the Imperial Lord

1 Like

It’s hard to forget. :sob:

1 Like

What did ppl want them to do? Fan service? Then they’ll complain about how fake that looks as well.

They’re already so busy but agree to greet fans through a live. Fans really think it’s okay to criticize every little thing they do and say.

2 Likes

The producers are to blame. They just shouldn’t try so hard to promote a drama.That could endup to destroying someone’s fantasy.

1 Like

I would rather actors or actresses focus on their acting than a live stream. The ML and FL had done their best for Immortal Samsara. That is all I asked for.

1 Like