Dramas with Expiring Licenses :(

Are you in the licensed locations because it is not gone.
http://www.viki.com/tv/614c-jewel-in-the-palace?q=je

Huh itā€™s back?! When I checked earlier I only saw the clips

must have been a glitch ive had that happen as well xD

The only negative for me on that story is that I learned NBC, who I thoroughly despise, has an investment position.

Itā€™s still working for me but I saw a couple comments from 3 days ago that they canā€™t access it any longer. Can you check and see if you have access now?

I can still see everythingā€¦

1 Like

Hi Dudie,
I just tried and itā€™s still up and running for me.
Added:
Well I just should have scrolled down, there was already a reply. Hope you can still catch up.

I have to agree this is very interesting. While it bodes well that they promoted ( Congratulations to her on her new position) from within I still am wondering if this changes the direction or vision for Viki? I mean an new CEO for any company tends to mean that they will implement the ideas they find most useful and that does not always mean the current policies/business models will stay the same. I wonder why the change? Basically, as a Viki user I really want to know how this, if at all, will affect viewership or this issue with licenses which Viki has not addressed at this point in time.

OMG! I canā€™t belive this! :pensive:

They are apparently getting some new ones though (new to Viki)ā€¦Iā€™m getting Queen Insoo any day and Cruel Palace, War of Flowers on June 9th. I still donā€™t want to lose the sageuks on the list but it is good to have these, and they have a broad license in the Americas, Europe and Oceania.

1 Like

I just saw HEARTLESS CITY aka CRUEL CITY on the ā€œcoming soon pageā€
http://www.viki.com/coming_soon

But still would be nice to have a ā€œlicense ending pageā€, so one will know, when you have to speed up watching a drama in order to watch it fully.

Has anyone heard anything on any of the shows on the list yet? I just found out that Jewel now doesnā€™t prevent people from subbing in a language that used to be blocked so I am hoping that is good news.

1 Like

My Name is Kim Sam Soon is not gone either, I asked Viki Help Center and got a reply that they are still in talks so for the moment there seems to be no end to the license unless the channel is really gone ā€¦
It might be that some regions will not be given a license again though.
Anyway another drama that might be gone by the end of October 2015 is Prosecutor Princess.
I asked them to keep an update here at the community page and the will ā€œthinkā€ about it.

Still no reply to my request I did send in aprilā€¦ I just checked and saw ā€œawaiting for replyā€ so I was like did they reply?! But nope they didnā€™tā€¦

Good to hear about Kim Sam Soon. I loved that one and hurried up to watch it. I havenā€™t seen PP but if it is leaving I may have to watch.

Agree about the ā€˜license endingā€™ page. It would help for sure. I heard Heartless City was good, so I will tune in when they get it.

I was watching Flower Boy Raymun Shop yesterday morning, then yesterday afternoon it was suddenly unavailable in my region. What gives?

There are at least two options:
1 - itā€™s only a temporary hickup of the system and will subside after some hours or the next 2-3 days. ( sometimes it depends if you have logged in at Viki or not ā€¦ )
2 - it could really be the end of the license but to make sure you would need to contact Viki Help Center and it can take some time to get a reply.

1 Like

Seems like it lost its license . Shut Up Flower Boy Band is gone as well.

What is your region, mine is Europe and both are still working for me.