Email bug on Viki?

Hello !

Yesterday I was checking my profile on Viki Discutions, and I noticed that there were a really weird email address on my profile, and it wasn’t mine. My mail address became itsjoo@vikiFAKE.com, so I messaged the staff and they told me to do a couple of things, so I did.
Nothing changed and I checked my viki profile, and my email was also different there as well.
So, I wanted to know if this problem also happened to other people ? Because I’m a bit worried…

Here are the screenshots :

Weird. My email’s correct as listed in my account settings, and there isn’t an email displayed on my discussion profile as far as I can tell. But I do remember having seen some time previously my email listed as username@vikifake.com-- I doubt it’s anything major to worry about. It looks like a placeholder email.

If it’s still like that, does changing the email in account settings not do anything?
If the staff is aware, maybe they’ll get someone to fix it… Or you could send a note to the help center and they’ll get to it or they’ll have fixed it by whenever.

They told me that it was the first time that someone notified them about this; And that the staff is going to look further (?) about this problem.
And yes I changed it, and it came back as this weird mail adress. But if it happened to you too once, I’m relieved :smiley: Thanks

hi scircus, I know this is random question… How did you verify your email? thank you XD

As far as I recall, Viki didn’t/doesn’t require email verification.

I am interested in becoming a QC but my Email is still not verified. Please help me and Thank you for replying to me.

You can become a QC after having at least 3000 subtitles or complete at least 2000 segments.
And you don’t need to verify your email.

Thank you for replying tome. I’ve been worried sick because of that email verification. Again thank you for replying XD

I am getting requests from Viki to verify my email address every time I log in. I follow the instructions, but the requests keep coming. The notice is in a box just below the top of the screen. I do not get confirming emails from Viki; I have checked my spam folder. I have also read the old posts for clues on how to resolve the issue. The email address displayed on my account page is correct.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

1 Like

Oh yes, I get that all the time too, and I’ve been here for a year! I just ignore it, but it bothers me a little.