Family slice of life drama

I feel like I always ask this but any family focused slice of life dramas i could be missing oyrt on this year?

3 Likes

you mean family dramas from 2020 or just any time?

any time but 2020 is cool if you think im missing any

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s what you are looking for, but maybe

4 Likes

There is no greater family drama than Cheer Up, Mr. Kim. It’s my all-time favourite. I cannot express the love and adoration I carry for Mr. Kim. It’s not here, though, but you can easily and legally find it on YT.

Some of the best 2020 family dramas so far are Mom Has an Affair and Fatal Promise. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

4 Likes

@adrianmorales

I was just thinking about you this morning thinking you haven’t been around for a while (glad to finally ‘‘see’’ you around here). It seems we have the same taste Cheer up, Mr. Kim was one of my favorite dramas and I enjoyed watching each episode (we had it here a long while back). I miss those kind of stories where so much emotions were mixed so well, and I looked forward to each coming episode. Now is so rare to find a drama with a interesting story plot from beginning to end. I’ve seen 3 already that the endings were so bland and crappy my blood pressure raised to dangerous levels. What’s up with this writers lately? Some kind of ‘‘Fog writers virus?’’

If you have a chance watch [ (Mrs.) Ratchet] They say is a remake of [One fly over the cuckoo’s nest’’] BUT I totally disagree. If you’re squeamish with violence, skip it, but if you’re not, don’t miss it (NTFX). Can wait for season (part) 2!

P.S. Checking out those other 2.

3 Likes

This drama was surprisingly good. It has 72 episodes that are approx. 25min in length.

2 Likes

oh saaaame. half of the ones I watched, it’s starts out really well and then starts losing steam after the fourth or fifth episode. They either try to make it too funny and fall flat on their faces or they drag out the villain too long. The one thing I hate the most is when they add or break some new rule to a fantasy drama just to drag it to 16 eps. Some dramas would have been amazing watches if the writers had just finished it at 10 episodes or something, instead of dragging everything out and spoiling it as a whole.

1 Like

@vivi_1485
I noticed that too if they had just stopped around the 10th episode the drama MIGHT/could/ would have maybe a more interesting ending. That oddly enough, happens often with the K dramas now. It’s like they lose/lost their ‘‘momentous’’ and go into zombie mode or something. I just can’t even describe the situation.

Right now I’m watching RECORD OF YOUTH and the amount of dialogue in that drama is sickening bc there’s so much senseless talk you want to see in a drama. The drama is already heading towards 2 guys after the same girl. The girl already got ridiculously drunk (which burns me up bc women are always portrayed as ‘‘drunken fools)’’…The kiss that happened on the 6th episode was so staged that it killed the moment of loving romance it could ‘‘ever have/had.’’ Rotating the camera while two characters kiss (sitting down!) doesn’t work during a romantic kissing scene FOR GOD’S SAKE! it’s suppose to be the first kiss of 2 people falling in love ‘‘not a merry go round ride kiss’’ It really killed the scene for me/myself and I.

These actors are risking everything by kissing with this pandemic lurking around, so don’t let their sacrifice be in vain by staging a love scene so much it looks cold and fake. The romance died for me right there and then. Anyway, I read this virus has affected some people mentally and emotionally, so the writers are no exception to this since they have to worry about the characters (actors) health while making some ‘‘no social distancing scenes’’

Fear aside; it’s a fact we need to keep on living in this real world, while enjoying fully the fantasy world of Asian dramas. I just wish dramas could go back to those good old days where they were so especially and abundantly romantic, full of excited anticipation for the next and the next episode. Will it ever/ever come back? A nurse that saw so many people dying from the virus told me: ‘‘The world as we knew it, will never, ever be the same again.’’ As she walked away I saw a 20 something young nurse have the walk of a very tired old person, and I know she was crying as she walked away bc my tears couldn’t stop coming down for I wanted to hug her and tell her soothing words but I couldn’t bc after all we are not allowed anymore to embrace, to console, to cry together bc the world (us all) will never be the same again.’’

Well, I’m watching more action packed, fantasy, zombie’s dramas bc at least those will keep me on edge, screaming and releasing the stress for a change. My family slice of drama still to come soon at a theater near you…(just joking hahahaha)

1 Like

I’m so glad you’ve watched it and enjoyed it too. Mr. Kim is my ideal male figure. I’m pretty sure he was what God had in mind when He made Adam, a person who suffers but never complains, who is hated but always loves. I especially found it horrible that everyone liked him at first since they pitied him, but once he began doing well for himself, he suddenly became unworthy and ungrateful. Of course, those who truly loved him stuck with him through thick and thin.
Oh boy, I’m getting goosebumps just thinking about it. I might rewatch it.

Umm… I’ve been busy with something. I might reveal it here also.

2 Likes

@adrianmorales

Great! looking forward to seeing it revealed here soon. I bet I’m gonna love it. I tried re watching (Mr. Kim) on YT but couldn’t find it, and [My husband got a family] has no subs in English on YT. I looked on NTFX but both are not available. Lately, I’m also watching my fave oldie dramas, too.

half the characters in kdrama are portrayed like that :joy: sad time, happy time = drinking time
I’m always shocked when no one gets drunk in a drama nowadays :grimacing:

oh dear there goes everything I’m taking Record Of Youth off my list even though I love the OST (Baekhyun’s ‘Every Second’ is so beautiful!!:heart_eyes:) and PBG even more:disappointed_relieved: I really can’t stand another romantic disappointment after Melting Me Softly ughhh

I know right!!! It feels like everyone has lost all imagination these days…:flushed: It’s so hard to find a seriously good romcom…
Imma start FLower of Evil to get my heart racing again

2 Likes

Flower of Evil made up for all my disappointments lately. What an awesome drama with an award winning finale. I hope you DO see this awesome drama!

4 Likes

I honestly wanna watch a heartwarming family drama soon, but are they all 50+ episodes long or are there shorter ones? I really don’t have the will or time to watch so many episodes and a lot of the reviews say (unsurprisingly) that the story drags after the first 30-40 eps…