Favorite Happy Ending C-Dramas Suggestions

I don’t like scary movies, I don’t want to see anything that is mostly battle scenes, I’m not into thrillers, that said Ashes of Love and Eternal Love are two of my favorite C-Dramas so far. I would love to hear your favorites that have happy outcomes. In these times I don’t want anything that leaves me depressed. Thanks in advance for your recommendations. I’m working on learning Mandarin Chinese that is why I’m sticking with one language.

My own list of favorites so far are:
Meteor Garden (2018) - roller coaster ride
Go Go Squid - Won a lot of awards including best actor and actress
Skate Into Love
Ashes of Love - I could watch this over and over and have
Eternal Love - 10 Miles of Peach Blossom - same as with Ashes of Love
Love O2O - this is what I watch to take a break from the two above
A Little Thing Called First Love
Put Your Head On My Shoulder
Here to Heart - have tissues ready

1 Like

I’m currently watching Meteor Garden and love it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I haven’t watched that many C-dramas yet, but I did see a few Taiwanese ones. Not all of them fit into your category, but maybe you’d like:

1 Like

I really liked Accidentally in Love; it has it’s issues and I don’t think it is a super well produced drama, but the story is entertaining and I loved the main couple’s chemestry (they reminded me a lot of the couple from korean Weightlifting fairy kim bok joo). also great OST

1 Like

I’ll get there eventually. One language focus at a time for me. I wasn’t so focused at first and have watched some from Korea and Taiwan that I really liked.

1 Like

I did see that and I liked that one too. I haven’t re-watched it yet from Viki, but it is on my to-do list.

1 Like

All the Taiwanese dramas are in Mandarin Chinese, though the accent is different.

2 Likes

It is in Mandarin Chinese, though there is some Korean spoken in it, cause one of the actors is Korean, and one sentence in Taiwanese when the Korean brother was showing off his language skills.

1 Like

I recommend Well Intended Love (season 1&2) the story is original and the actors never cease to amaze. If you’re looking for a light fluffy cdrama then this just might be the one for you. Also just for a heads-up, season 2 is more fluffy than season 1 and the 2 season is not a continuation from the 1, it’s just the same story with a few tweaks.

2 Likes

Watched them both all the way through and enjoyed them a lot. That was before I found Viki, but thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Tell me when you are done or anytime you want to talk about it. MG was the one that got me hooked. I am now a fan of the leading actor and actress and many of the supporting cast as well. I’ve only been able to get my sister to watch it and she loved it too, now she is working on Ashes of Love.

1 Like

Okay. I’ve only got a few more episodes to go. :slight_smile:
Is Ashes Of Love with the same actors?

No, it is a Fantasy/Romance epic series. It gets a 9.something and rivals Eternal Love - Ten Miles of Peach Blossom. Yang Zi and Deng Lun are the leads but the supporting actors and actresses are pretty great too.

1 Like