"Following" Gone?

While I can still select shows to “Follow” somehow the “Following” drop down is now longer located in the drop down list below my Profile Icon. Where do I access the shows I am following? All I can do now is go to my watch history. Please advise. Thanks.

5 Likes

And now I get to answer my own question…go to your Profile > on that page go to the “Overview” tab > scroll down to find your “Following” content.

4 Likes

Yes, they made recent changes with the menu, so it’s become harder to find links not only to the Following page, but also Projects.

3 Likes

Just want to thank you for where to find the follow list, I sent the staff a message about this. But as usual they never get back with an answer. One thing I will say Drama Fever always got back to me in a timely manner. I can’t say that for VIKI I have been with Viki for many years and it’s always been that their customer service is not the best. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@peggyroyster_409
Hello,
Now, with the recent unexpected changes, you have to click like 3 different links to get to your following list of channels :sob:
This is yours for example: https://www.viki.com/users/

Hope Viki brings back the following tab option SOON :innocent:

3 Likes

It’s insanely cumbersome. The app is a bit better, though.

1 Like

If you are looking for the discussion forum link and don’t see it where it usually was, it’s now under “Community” …
Everyday at viki is — Come in and find out …

3 Likes

Yup, for a second I thought they had gotten rid of it too, but luckily I found it quickly :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you, your key word unexpected changes, It should not be that way Viki should not leave their members on a fox hunt.They need to have a forum where they can tell us in advance about upcoming changes. Even where they once had the click on for discussion have been place different. Yes we all want the site to improve their setup but not in a way where we have to hunt. You can now removed my follow list link. Thanks

1 Like

This has always been like this since I joined here back in 2012/2013. They never informed the volunteers about changes done or important things that the volunteers really deserved to know about. Viki lost many jewels of volunteer bc their work was 100%. It was sad to see so many go but thankfully others came along, and many did stay put and still going on strong to this day. Faithful viki volunteers!

I used to get very offended for their lack of communication with the volunteers but it was a lost case bc no matter how much I voiced my opinion it went to lala land…so like many others I left for a while, too. I decided to come back and do bits here and there and you can say not much. Sadly, bc of health reasons I can’t do more anyway. I hope we see bigger and better changes with more channels of communication opened so the volunteers can really feel part of viki and most importantly appreciated. They deserve that much.

1 Like

@angelight313_168
It was different around 2010-2011, maybe even 2012. Like the discussion board here there was a place to voice. Technical issues and it was taken care of right away. You didn’t need to make a request, no twitter, no e-mail. You just posted and other volunteers added if they experienced the same.
So you would see what issue was already voiced and there was no need for others to write about it. So not 100 requests for one problem.
You got an answer pretty much the next moment. That was the luxury of Viki’s desire to become a great product.
There was also the possibility to bring up ideas for changes and Viki would bring out a schedule, what they would change and by when and how.
So older volunteers know that it’s doable, it’s just that modern companies always are talking about transparency and communication but it doesn’t appear this way. At this time and age, we all know that everyone is only cooking with hot water.
So today people make suggestions, they get boilerplate … It feels like shouting in the woods with no response. It was lively as a start up, but sometimes it feels it went from studenthood directly to retirement community.

1 Like

@lutra

You said it so well. Viki had such a desire to become a great product. But now is just a greed factor, they are just into making money and forgetting about everyone and everything else that has helped them along the way.

They use everyone they can use for their own advantage without showing appreciation even in the simple form of communicating with the volunteers. They don’t realize this is the reason why so many sites never make it or prosper for long.

I use to admire viki site a long time ago so much, but now I am so disappointed with what it has become today. It’s even sadder bc we all know where this will end in the long run.

It’s back…

3 Likes

@peggyroyster_409
@marykarmelina
@bozoli
@syber51
@adrianmorales Thank you. I don’t know how to post a picture like this.
@lutra
@feyfayer
@angelight313_168

The “FOLLOWING” tab has it’s own place now.

It’s placed in the fourth place below “PROFILE” and above “HELP”

6 Likes

indeed it is, thank you for the info. now for the projects tab to come back and everyone’s happy :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s easy. If you have a Windows laptop, press the Windows key + Print Screen key on your keyboard. On android, volume down ( - ) + power button. There should be a screenshot button in the notification shade too. On iOS, it’s volume up ( + ) + power button. Again, there should be a visible option in the notification centre.
Oh, always make sure to avoid any personal data. Crop the pics if necessary.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like