Food related K-dramas

It is said that: “The Way to Someone’s Heart is Through Their Stomach”
Maybe that is why I absolutely love drama’s that feature eating or cooking scenes like Oh My Ghostess and Let’s eat.

Do you guys know any more drama’s?
What are your favorite food related drama’s?

2 Likes

Pasta, Gourmet, Immortal Classic, Wok of Love.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
I like the Korean name of the drama Wok of Love: 기름진 멜로 (greasy melodrama) :laughing:

2 Likes

Wok of Love is an amazing drama!
One of my absolute favorites :hearts:

1 Like

I Order You

2 Likes

100 year inheritance in my opinion is the best! A combination of everything in one. I’m watching it again.

1 Like

There’s also Baker King, Kim Tak Goo.

2 Likes

Is The Way To Someone/A Man’s Heart Really Through His Stomach? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

One could argue that all k-dramas are food-related in some way!

4 Likes

That’s one thing that turns me off about k-drama, the so many scenes they add of ppl. eating while they discuss crime cases with their mouth full of --’‘chewed food’’ (ugh!) or the one when they ‘‘get surprised,’’ and the food ends up all over, on the person in front of them.

But I must add, that in 100 year inheritance they eat very ‘‘delicately’’ showing their high class status. I also noticed some actress/actors when they make food scenes they won’t even touch the food, they just sit in front of the plate as they play their scene.

The Chinese dramas I rarely see any eating food scenes but way too many fight/battle scenes. In USA, it’s way too many sex scene (they can never miss even one!) you can never win!!! That’s why my remote is very close by to skip, skip, skip!

I mainly watch dramas now on my TV rather than in my laptop bc is faster to change the scene(skip, skip), and avoid certain ‘‘traumatic’’ scenes, I really don’t want to see.

So I was thinking that some people accept and love these kinds of scenes since up to date, that’s all I see in certain dramas even if they are not related to food (like crime dramas etc…)

1 Like

Oh, and how could I have forgotten “Jewel in the Palace,” aka Dae Jang Geum!

It’s a classic and a must watch! Too bad it’s restricted to the US viewers on Viki now. If you have a chance to watch it somewhere else, I’d highly recommend it.

4 Likes

I was just about to mention Dae Jang Geum :grinning:
Also really liked Kimchi Family

If you’re into Japanese dramas, then I recommend Samurai Gourmet, midnight diner and Kantaro, the sweet tooth salaryman - this one is wacky, funny, but definitely wacky. You will cringe, you have been warned :laughing: (I want more seasons of both).

1 Like

what about the one the guy baked bread, had a special talent of smell, his mom was mute, his brother/half/step was terrible. baker king?ajumma2 yeah!!! and a bunch of our favorite actors in it too.
Y’all mentioned a bunch of fantastic dramas! and I have watched most.of them theres a couple I think I need to check out, oh loved panda & hedgehog!I gotta check that samari gourmet, don’t remember jewel in the palace, and I am trying to find I really really like you, I also liked wok of love, heres another, best chicken. theres another which is like feast of the gods but not sure of the name. the next one was tawanese this was also a competition, all I can remember is Roy Chau played in it…

1 Like