Foodaholics

Thanks for the info. So for my first time out, when we go to the Korean restaurant, we should only order ONE bottle of Soju for the four of us to share?

That looks so good! YUMMMY!

1 Like

@KaeTee yes only order one to begin withā€¦ The soju I have is one of the strongest but if Iā€™m not mistaken all soju contains atleast 15 or 16% which is a whole lot more then a glass of wine.

@auroratasya I tried her sweet potato rice and some other things but I donā€™t remember which exactly. There are many things I want to try but sometimes itā€™s quite a challenge to find all ingredients. For some things I have to go to other cities to get it.

All the korean people I know here are my age so they only cook basic stuff (theyā€™re guys :p)
Actually last week one of them made me fried rice which was nicee !! He also brought me some kimchi beforeā€¦
Here the only thing u can find is instant noodlesā€¦ there was just this one supermarket which had some black bean pasteā€¦ other than that nothing :frowning: not even kimchi :ā€™( thatā€™s why I tried doing it on my ownā€¦ it seems like mine will turn out hotter than the one my friend got me :stuck_out_tongue:

@dudie yeahhh maangchi is great I did most of the food after watching her videos. ā€¦ ohh I even tried making the egg rolls which turned out great!!

1 Like

@Wafaahs, that looks yummy. You make me hungry nowā€¦lol! Iā€™m so lucky since I move here (suburb of Seattle) there are a lot of Koreans live here, so many Korean restaurants also here. Iā€™ve tried various of Korean foods and it was delicious.
@Dudie, if you are vegetarian, maybe you should try Korean tofu soup and you can ask for non spicy. My 10 years old daughter loves it. Or dukkbogi (Korean spicy rice cake) but maybe itā€™s a bit spicy for you. For ramyun, I prefer ottogi brand.

Stahp making me hungry.
Korean food is super delicious. I always go to the korean BBQ & Hotpots in my area.

@julievilla Canā€™t wait till the Korean restaurant here opens itā€™s doors next month hopefully. Never been to a Korean restaurant before. Thanks for mentioning tofu soup, reminds me I still need to look for a nice recipe to make it. I tried to make one before but that didnā€™t turn out as good as I had hoped. I want to try tteokbokki anyway but I guess it might be a bit too much indeed. They do sell those rice cakes here at an Asian Supermarket so maybe I can make it myself one day and make the sauce less spicy.

1 Like

wow, the kimchi looks really good and now iā€™m hungry >.<

Btw did you try your kimchi?

1 Like

I just tasted itā€¦ and it turned out GREAT!!!
I never imagined it will turn out that good though a bit too spicy :stuck_out_tongue:
But itā€™s very tasty!!
Lol what should i try doing nxt in koran food?:smiley:

3 Likes

Ahhhh proud of you unnie !!

Iā€™m Korean Foodaholics too. Itā€™s difficult to find in my country what I need for cook Korean Foods, but I try when I found it. :slight_smile:

Oh, and your plates look soā€¦ Delicious O.O

Try Bulgogi. Itā€™s very easy and simple.
Or have you try bibimbap yet? basically itā€™s rice, fried egg, some vegies, some meat and of course, some kimchi :wink:

1 Like

I already did bulgogi lol

But i should definitely add bibimbap to my list next!! :smiley:

1 Like

In love with Korean BBQ

This is good not like ā€œeverydayā€ kimchi but still good.

2 Likes

Sourceāœ“ - ź°€ė‚˜ėŒź³¼ UėŖØģž„ - Ghanadak Glad

1 Like

Yes it looks a bit less work than the traditional with napa cabbage. I usually use the recipe from maangchi, with the glutinous rice flour to create the paste and add daikon radish and carrot cut in small pieces.
I just donā€™t have the good coarse pepper mix.
In stores where I am they sell it mostly with cabbage not napa cabbage.
Either way Kimchi is delicous in soup if you want the kick in particular in winter. I add it as last to not cook it. Old kimchi is used in Jjigae, the kimchi stew!
Iā€™ve also done kimchi pancakes, itā€™s yummy as well!! :yum:

2 Likes

I often order my Korean spices (and a few other things)from Germany a company called Handokmall, I donā€™t have any good places around me and Germany is in the EUā€¦ I love different kinds of kimchi and even oi-kimchi /cucumber kimchi. Havenā€™t tried it in pancakes yet but I really shouldā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Mark Wiens experience food cooked underground in Korea. Enjoy! :wink:
!https://youtu.be/xTOESdEdzzA?feature=shared

The largest Korea Town, is found in Germany?
!https://youtube.com/shorts/ey8ekCzzZLM?feature=shared

1 Like