Viki

Free courses on Korean and Japanese language and culture

I found some free courses on Korean language and culture on coursera org, offered by Yonsei University. They are completely online, made of modules and short videos, with assignments and stuff.

I’ve started this one today:

Free if you’re okay with not having a certificate.

They also have Korean and Japanese language courses. These are the free ones:
This one if you don’t know yet how to read and write hangul

This one is the next step if you know the alphabet

and many, many others.

For Chinese lovers, there is a very interesting course on translation

Thank you @irmar for these great suggestions! :sunglasses:

Actually, even the courses that you officially need to pay for, can (usually) be taken for free if you click on “audit the course”. In that case you will of course not get a certificate and there might be some assignments you won’t have access to, but you will have access to the course material.

To do this click on afbeelding

This will take you to a page where you can enroll in a free trial (which you don’t want), but somewhere in the middle of the page you see “audit the (single) course” in tiny letters:

As soon as you click on “audit …” you’re in, without paying and without free trial bullshit. You might also get some pop-up window instead of a whole new screen, but in any case look for the word “audit” (it’s usually well-hidden :wink: ).
And sorry my example is off-topic, but it was the only paid course that came to mind right now.

Also nice to know: a lot of Coursera courses have flexible deadlines, so when you run out of time, you can just “reset your deadlines” and go on. And then when you run out of time again, you do the same again. :slight_smile:

@irmar
Thank you for sharing these FREE online courses. :hugs::sparkles:

Apart from the free courses, I found on Isuu the magazine “Koreana” and “Korea Focus”, published by the Korea Foundation in several languages, which you can read freely online, and even download.
Browse - and read - the issues in your own language here: https://issuu.com/the_korea_foundation

Korea Foundation also has a Youtube Channel, with very interesting documentaries on architecture, cuisine, art and culture.

My university gave us the chance to pick out any four courses from Coursera this semester. I am so happy to have a certificate from this one. :smile:

There are a free part and a membership part.
I was surprised because of what they have in their free part.

More info:

We can study all these languages (for free):