General Discussion: The thread is open to express whatever you want to write about

You seem to have a control “thing”, don’t you? Dictating what people should or should not write in the reply to this thread.
Yes, you are the creator of the thread, but this doesn’t mean you get to moderate it and censor replies in advance. A discussion on the proposed changes is healthy and interesting, in my opinion, instead of just each person’s wish list. And it will allow viki staff, if they visit this thread, to get a more complete idea of what different people think about different proposals, which are the most popular and why, the arguments for and against. Debating is the basis of democracy and civilized discussion.

4 Likes

Okay… I have been over here on the discussions for more than 3 years now. I have been part in a big amount threads and i also had plenty of discussion over here (which is literally the name of this page)

If you create a topic and state your opinion then its means you expect others to answer. If someone wants to point out that they don’t think your idea would work they have the right to type it. On the other hand you also have the right to ignore it if you really don’t want an exchange of opinions. What you demand here is that people only write down what they think but not react to any other posts.In addition to that @irmar didn’t offend you in anyway. She was explaining that maybe your ideas could become problematic in reality and explained why she wouldn’t change that. Then she agreed at one point and stated that she would change the one liners. I am not sure how long it has been for you in an online forum but this is how it works. We can’t tell people to do this and that.

Also no one can know that you have some problem with your sight. You asked yourself as to why everyone thinks you are shouting. People explained and even gave you alternatives to make its easier for you. I am not in a position to tell you to do anything or not but as someone who spent a lot of time here this is an advice.

Wish you a nice evening

4 Likes

I think a bullet form summary and paragraphs could have been easier on the eye

• I think Viki should include some old dramas also in their display on main page, one more way to get more exposure.
3 Likes

Why doesn’t Turkey show up in the list of countries anymore? There used to be a number of Turkish dramas on here, including Merhamet which was mostly subtitled and really good.

4 Likes

Ho ho, someone took the name of the thread seriously!

2 Likes

adding just my 2 cents:

• although in general disliked, the Viki One Liner got me started into trying for subs, as a newbie I preferred only watching shows, I didn’t have time to start a new project in my life, being involved where I thought I must commit still not knowing to what exactly. I noticed after “rating subs” that it’s impossible to rate correctly if you don’t know the context… some are easy to translate word by word or even rate. The next step I took with Project Finder and the encouragement of LACruiser, I think I was one of the “where are the subs” complainer :grin:

• I believe that if some dramas that have the bad segging or subs are likely Project Finder dramas, where people sub without knowing even the rules… or the VOL subs are added in them… sometimes Viki puts dramas that have been requested but not shown yet (shown much later) into the Project Finder and then even if there is a team assembled who just waits for the sign or has started working, there will be subs from outsiders who sub without contacting the CM as it states. Viki needs to change that from CM to the Moderator…

• I think in overall whatever channels Viki approves whether they are subbed or not is good, there will be always someone who appreciates them (and complains about them not subbed), the availability is better than axe them for not finishing subs. As we know lots of fan channels (fully subbed) have been axed due the licensing issue but some of them were luckily added back.

• I think since this site is fully supported by volunteers, you will always find gaps here and there although the majority volunteers work diligently, some folks aren’t perfect, perhaps also because they don’t understand the process of how viki works yet, some get enthusiastic at the beginning and run out of the steam later or have life changes. And that’s ok, in the end we still can be happy that Viki is there for us who love Asian dramas and give us the opportunity to work on them. It will always be impossible to please everyone. But their support is there and they do listen, even if we think they don’t :blush:

2 Likes

A well stated post, in it’s entirety. :dizzy::star2:

2 Likes

Thank you, and when I read my old posts I do wonder who wrote them, it’s kinda funny and strange at the same time… I want to print all my posts and comments :joy:

I still remember the Korean drama, it was a historical that Viki had and removed, and I wrote in comments about the missing subs… I had no clue then, lmao:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like