GIMP users on Viki?

I’m used to Photoshop but for time being I have to use GIMP :disappointed: Now I was wondering if there are more people on Viki who use GIMP and know some handy tutorials? And can show some of their designs made with GIMP so I know what is possible and what isn’t. Yeah I know there is a lot online but many sites cover the same thing or only show the most simple things that are possible.

I’m specially interested in the strokes, layer effects, brushes, blending pics together and such.

1 Like

I actually liked GIMP over photoshop for a while (this was a loooong time ago).
I don’t have anything on hand other than a lousy banner, but it was really easy to use and I like it to make really quick edits!
The things you can do with GIMP are endless though. It’s pretty much like photoshop, just that the advanced features are a bit harder to figure out and do.
Good luck!

Why do you have to use gimp?
I use Gimp and Photoshop; for Gimp what I can say is that I find that if I want brushes, there is little out there you can get. It is easier to find online more resources for Photoshop. But for starters I think Gimp is definitely easier to use.
Most of my design from last year is done in Gimp … last ones were radio star in French and Angry mom in French -these are mixed thought… I only started working in photoshop this year. So still learning! :smile: