Giving a chance to a rookie x Falling for fake accounts

Our dear fake friend got deleted as well, but he returned already to edit Thai as a Korean Editor, sub Korean, do translation edit for Japanese, subtitle from Chinese to English, sub Portuguese as an English subtitler and of course edit Galician. Anyway, please watch out for people who claim to be Thai and claim to know every kind of language… as usual. :laughing:

14 Likes

He already returned with a backup account and already QC. New name, new gender and new many languages.

7 Likes

It’s really amazing, I’m glad to hear that :hugs:
And Viki will never look at him.
I love it.

2 Likes

I think I “found” him. In a roundabout way. lol

4 Likes

We probably talk about the same one, but I’m not surprised if there are more… :kissing:

5 Likes

And he’s targeting the same dramas and harassing the same persons. :tired_face:

8 Likes

This will never stop, if even Viki doesn’t care, what is left for us to do?

3 Likes

Cry? :sob:

3 Likes

Quit subtitling? I mean, I’m considering just giving up and letting them handle the mess, since we’re talking with ghosts apparently…

4 Likes

I’m thinking about resourcing to hoodoo.

3 Likes

I’m thinking about just blocking out all the accounts and the people that add this person even knowing that it’s an abuser. So I’ll live happy in my bubble

8 Likes

Dear xaratkd_667,

I am really sorry for my really laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate reply. I rarely come to the discussion page. You can directly send me a message through DM :wink:

Thank you…

Best,
Jun

1 Like

So true! Just recently I spent two hours on A&C for a 10-minute part and at the end of two hours, I had 8 segments and 62 subs to my tally. It would take forever to get 100,000 segments by A&C alone!

6 Likes

Viki should at least create an A&C badge. The system may not be able to add it, but they could add it by hand. What we get now is far under the Viki equivalent of minimum wage for rather hard labor. And if the mistakes are mostly in the timing and there isn’t that much to combine, you don’t even get subtitles. Yet now they even have to let their staff sub all the unsubbed shows before they even air. The few English subbers we have left will feel useless and run away so that Viki will feel even more justified to let more paid subbers come…

12 Likes

You make some great points, Mirjam :slight_smile: I support some special segmenting badges that reflect just how hard it is to get to the job at times.

5 Likes

A year has gone by, and the situation didn’t get any better.

6 Likes

He can’t be entered as a moderator if he doesn’t have at least 3000 completed lines, maybe he could before but he can’t anymore.

1 Like

As for me, I give everyone a chance if it’s my native language, I can check that without any problems, if he asks me to work in the English team, I send him to the CE and tell him that the CE will first check his English language skills or if asks for another language, I find a moderator who has been on the Viki for a long time and ask to check the person in question. It’s the same with segmenters. I give everyone a chance but first I check all the people for the dramas where I am the manager. And so far I haven’t had any problems.

4 Likes

I have received such messages, I don’t know how many, but I never reply to someone’s @

1 Like