Glasses on, she's ugly; glasses off, she's pretty

The funny thing is, all the “ugly people with glasses” I have seen NEVER EVER HAVE LENSES IN THEIR GLASSES.

So why wear them in first place? :rofl:

4 Likes

Fashion statement :sweat_smile: :eyeglasses:

3 Likes

So you can rub your eyes when you’re really tired without having to take them off… a time saver!

8 Likes

In So I Married The Anti-Fan there is a TV-Writer, Ms. Noh.
It should be her:

14 eps she wore glasses, then suddenly not anymore.
The glasses were chic and she clearly looked better with them.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the fake freckles, because in dramaland that also puts you in the ‘ugly’ category with the glasses and curly hair.

4 Likes

Don’t get me started on that… :joy_cat:

4 Likes

ohhh WHY do they have to perm it and then DYE IT BROWN?? It looks so bad and unnecessary on most actresses! :sob::sob:

4 Likes

I’m not going to lie, I often prefer these girls with their curly hair rather than with their straight hair after they get their makeover.

5 Likes

Do you see the (idiom) “elephant :elephant: in the room?”

2 Likes

Two guesses on the fact everybody is a redhead. A) The Perm partially colors the hair B) They have toxic fans in Korea and when they revert to their normal hair color they are harder to recognize in public

1 Like

I’ve noticed a very recognizable pattern in Cdramas that is sort of the equivalent of the curly hair/glasses in Kdramas. This is that when a female character starts a drama off as poor, naive, maybe ‘uncultured’ or less educated, they will most likely have a high ponytail hairstyle and probably dress with questionable fashion. As their character ‘grows’ and gains more life experience, they are likely to start dressing in more ‘grown up’ clothes, and they definitely start wearing their hair down or at least with more of an actual style.

2 Likes

This might be true, but I’m talking about the styling in kdramas. The actors/singers themselves obviously have enough sense NOT to go around looking like trash. A perm/redhead can look good, but it has to be tastefully done!

this is true! but I’ve always found that cdramas usually give better hairstyles to their actresses than kdramas do… though it’s changing now. I just really hated that light brown, bleached hair they used to give every female ever.

1 Like

It has occurred to me that wavy hair is more common in Koreans , and the bone straight thing is a sign that she has been to a salon …for a young woman anyway …the Ajummas get the super curly perm.

2 Likes