Glasses on, she's ugly; glasses off, she's pretty

To claim that glasses make a person ugly and weak is just ridiculous. The same with curly hair. I had no idea that women with glasses and curly hair were such hideous creatures that can’t stand up for themselves. But that’s perfectly alright because the moment they straighten out their hair and wear contact lenses, they suddenly transform into real beauties who can kick anyone’s proverbial behind. :roll_eyes: :eyeglasses:

160831155440-03-superhero-alter-egos-live-video

makeover-blog-thumb
BeFunky-collage

9 Likes

I wish that would work for me too :joy:

3 Likes

You don’t have to straighten your hair unless that’s something you want to do. Really, you can be both smart and pretty without falling into some sort of a stereotype.

3 Likes

I will use this song thanks to India Arie

4 Likes

You forgot to add that letting their hair down increases their va-va voom factor exponentially , and it happens in slow motion as well…This happens in the US and Korea :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The thing is they were never ugly in the first place so they had to make up something to continue with their ridiculous story line. My daughter likes the Super Girl show, and I tell her she looks the same to me; How can they think the glasses disguise her looks? We just laughed.

6 Likes

The young woman that plays Supergirl is beautiful glasses/no glasses …hell even with a sack over her head :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the nerd-wears-glasses stereotype just reFUSES to die :expressionless::roll_eyes: I think I look better with glasses on so I guess no one’s going to be casting me in anything in the near future lol

6 Likes

The types of glasses they use are mostly super boring.
Glasses wearer here, who used to curl her hair occasionally in the past.

3 Likes

And to think that during my teenage school years I slept with curlers on to make my dully spaghetti-straight hair look more enticing for a boy I liked. Although at some point foam curlers became a thing, still I can tell you it wasn’t a comfortable sleep.
This dislike for curly hair is clearly a Korean (South-East Asian?) thing. In our cultures, people get perms to get locks.

However, I can think of very few people who look better with glasses than without. There are a few, but they are the exception. My personal opinion.
That’s why I don’t understand the Korean concept of putting on glasses (without lenses) to idols and hot actors, for them to become more stylish, in photoshoots etc. They obviously look good in whatever you put on them, because they are handsome to begin with, so glasses don’t really make a difference, they’re still handsome, but the idea is so strange to me.

glasses%201
glasses%203
glasses%202

1 Like

Of these three frames I only find the middle one chic. It fits him.
I’d say 2-(3)-(1).

1 Like

Maybe it’s the same reason they have so many double lid eye surgeries.

It’s the talented actor Lee Jong-Suk! Sukki! Groans, 'cause I miss the photoping app. He was often in the top three, at three, two, and #1!!

https://www.instagram.com/jongsuk0206/

tis not a Korean concept, I have a few acquaintances who wear glasses with no lens power to look stylish. Maybe it doesn’t exactly IMPROVE the look, but it’s different and they still look nice so :woman_shrugging: it’s just another accessory to them

3 Likes

That is so 2015 now; the trend was broken by Park So Dam , KimGo Eun and Yeji of Itzy

2 Likes

The :smile: :eyeglasses: glasses :laughing:, yea it was back then, 2016 when I was on Photoping :smile:

@anthonyparker80_342,
The no lense right? They’re still doing double eyelid surgery. . .

1 Like

These young ones are not wearing glasses here, and this may be a bit off topic, but it relates to my last comments. I’ve just finish sharing this on my whatsapp too:

Look at these two cousins. Their moms are blood African American sisters. The fathers, one is American, of Korean descent, the other is South African. This makes me say, this is proof, all people are related!

Screenshot_20210330-212222_(1)

2 Likes

Beautiful children

2 Likes

I have worn glasses since I was in the 3rd grade - I got all those horrible bullying comments of 4 eyes and blah blah blah blah and was a nerdy, bookworm, band geek. But it did happen
WHOOSH - HS I started wearing contacts and it did make a difference! Although I was still a bookworm geeky artsy band girl - I got A LOT more attention!!!

Now my hair is purple and I wear glasses so go figure!!!

3 Likes

It’s nice getting attention. And it’s true that we all want to be accepted. But it’s more important to accept our own selves. And any change we make should be for our benefit.
I’m glad you’ve found your style. If you’re happy with it, them Rock On!! :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes