Has anyone watched or heard of the drama White Christmas?

So I’ve aways known that there was a drama titled White Christmas, and of course, starring Kim Woo Bin. Teehee. But I’ve never given much thought of it, since it is a few years old and doesn’t seem to be popular at all. So I just put the drama away in a dusty little corner of my mind. But recently, I have no idea why, the drama just popped into my head for no reason. At first, I thought it would be a light, cutesy, romantic drama, you know, because of the name “White Christmas.” But, boy, was I SURPRISED to hear what it was actually about. My face basically went like this

And I was very intrigued by the plot. This mini drama series (8 eps) is about…… ummmmm…… I’m horrible at summing things up, because I basically just rewrite everything. lol. So I’ll just stick to saying that it revolves around the question “Are monsters born, or made?”

I’ve actually never watched it before, I just read the recaps. XD But I have to say, from just by reading it and from the comments of people who have watched it, I am about to put “White Christmas” in place of “Shut Up, Flower Boy Band” for one of the most underrated dramas. By putting everyone else’s words together, it is basically a deep, meaningful, phycological, tight-plotted, fast-paced, amazing acting, eye-candy, and awesome plus amazing plus fitting music. So… yeah.

I created this topic to see if anyone here have watched or heard of this drama. Sadly, it is not available here on Viki, or any other major drama-watching sites. Bwhaaaaaaaa :frowning: Someone seemed to have made a channel for it but it wasn’t approved. *pouting

I’m curious of what other people think about the ending and their opinion about the drama. Or anything regarding, somewhat about, or has nothing related to this drama. Hahaha.

p.s. Kim Woo Bin’s character is sooooo bada**

I watched the drama but I didn’t really like the ending cuz I didn’t really expect them to do what they did :confused: (if you saw (or read) the ending, you know what I mean). But I still liked the drama. I read somewhere that the drama was a bit scary but I think it wasn’t really scary.
I guess some people might not watch it because the quality is a bit bad… (although it aired in 2011)

Yeah, but I guess I can somewhat understand why they did that at the end. :confused:
Where did you watch it? I’m too lazy to search up sites that have White Christmas. lol

White Christmas is honestly one of the best korean dramas out there. It was so unexpected and amazing. I’ve seen nothing like it before or since. The end was uncomfortable and unsettling and completely brilliant. When has a drama ever made me think about serious philosophical and ethical questions? I can’t recommend it enought!
I did think it was scary, but not so much in a horror movie/scream out loud way but just the thought that there might be people like that out there in the real world
I watched it on dramacrazy two or three years ago

1 Like

Well I actually kept thinking it could become really scary any moment, and that thought made it more scary than the drama itself =P

By the way… I’m still confused about what happened with the teacher and the body in the snow :confused: The explanation near the end was a bit confusing :S

You should read the recap on Dramabeans. On the last episode, there’s a lot of discussion about that in the comment section.
Also, basically everybody is saying that the police are so incompetent. XD

Hey does anybody know where I can get the english subtitles to White Christmas? I’ve been looking everywhere and can’t seem to find any… Help, please? Pretty please? :smile:

@natalii__129. It’s on Drama cool.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

ive never seen this because i cant find a decent place to watch it with english subs ANYWHERE and its like the worst thing ever because kim woo bin and sung joon are my favourites ever and i absolutely love psychological things like this. has anyone been able to find a good place to watch it?

@reflorescence. It is on drama cool with english subs. I watched it last year having read a comment saying it was good. I think it was a movie first then a 10 episode drama as far as I can recall.

1 Like

aw thank you!!! i actually had no idea there was a movie first :open_mouth: im definitely going to have to check that out.

Was it a movie? Like they made a movie or it was based on one?

As far as I know, it was part of KBS Drama Special series. And it’s only 8 episodes.