Have you ever been sick when while you make subtitles?

Have you ever been be sick making subtitled? yesterdayI was subtitling the variety program, hyelin’s daily uselessness and I was really bad, my god it was so much subtitles from the part I got, there were 185 subtitles almost more than in drama that I subtitled, I was in bad shape, with a headache I couldn’t stand up. what i would do in an hour took 2 hours, it really was horrible but still i did everything to make the subtitles look okay and i only finished when i watched my part and i was satisfied. and you? already been sick when you making subtitled

4 Likes

Please, please don’t exert or sacrifice yourself so much! In the end, we’re all fangirl/boy volunteers doing this out of our love for Asian entertainment. Take a break and rest!! I’m sure your team will understand.
And as always, thank you for your hard work!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thanks! I really think it was a malaise, you know, I study full time and then I’m going to have fun with the subtitles, I think I overloaded myself, I’m going to rest more and try not to overload myself
FIGHTING!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Hello guys! Completely unrelated to the topic of discussion
I am new to the discussion platform and I don’t know how to ask questions. I can’t see any way I could start a new topic. I am using viki on my laptop. Is it available on the app ?

Not from subs but I had muscle pain from segging a few times in the past. When that happened I usually left the part I was doing and had someone else complete it. Now I’m taking better care of myself and take more breaks.

4 Likes

It’s hard if you are not proficient enough in English, but if you are; it’s a breeze. Things can get a bit complicated if the translation in English is not edited correctly, and sentence/subs make no sense, so you have to break your *** trying to fix what needs fixing in there. Then, you better believe is hard.

Also for unknown reasons some variety/music video shows, and even dramas have an excess of words that were not said by the person and was added to add subtitles count, and then you have to translate all those extra words, and it can become tiresome and even boring. Been there/done that; I speak from personal experience not ‘‘assumptions.’’

1 Like

I think you’ll have to post other stuff and get busy around Discussions for a few more days/weeks till you’re allowed to create topics. The longer you’re on here, the more functions you’re allowed to access. Until then, use the search box to find similar topics to the ones you’d like to create.
If you want to ask specific users questions, try tagging them as in @trevturner2517_321 or quoting them by selecting their text and clicking “Quote” like this:

Have fun! :blush:

Starting topics is only possible if you posted more comments it used to be 3-5, but I am not sure if it is still the same. Just participate a bit here on discussions and you will see.

1 Like