Heist movies/dramas

Yes! In fact, my son is the one who asked me to watch The Fiery Priest with him. I enjoyed both. You and I seem to have similar taste in shows. I just now created a collection called “Lovable Con Artists” so that I can add some of these titles to recommend them to my kids and their friends.

1 Like

Have you watched “Now You See Me” and “Now You See Me2” I love the magician con-artists. Not Korean of course. Or “21” I think its 2008 movie. Counting card con-artists I like that one too.

My brain started thinking of these. I like heist shows also!

Yep, watched both Now You See Me movies with my kids. I have to check out 21.

2 Likes

I love the heist/ con-artist genre!! This one has such an awesome team…no romance, but lovely family-like bond. Watched it for Song Seung Hoon and Krystal :heart_eyes: Loved everyone

3 Likes
3 Likes

@vivi_1485, I really enjoyed The Player too, and it’s already been added to my collection. I think I enjoy heist/con artist genre because there is less of the predictable romance and more of camaraderie and game of wits.

@mirjam_465, I saw the cover a while ago but had dismissed it because I thought it was just another revenge type of show but I just read the synopsis and it sounds good. Thank you! By the way, there is another movie (not exactly a heist) that has a similar “locker switch” theme and it’s worth checking out.

5 Likes

Ahh, it was here that Cold Eyes was suggested. I just finished it, it was really good. Thank you.

1 Like

I watched it on youtube, and it was so good, don’t know if its still there

there is onwe I watched a few years ago, sorry don’t recall the name at the moment, but these guys banded together and stole Ice!

2 Likes

With your help, I was able to compile a collection for my kids and their friends. Thank you!

https://www.viki.com/collections/3294941l-lovable-con-aritists

4 Likes

I WANTED A COLLECTION LIKE THAT!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I tried making my own but I hadn’t watched many so I was stuck…Thank you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
*searches for a form to fill to slide into @choitrio 's ‘for my kids and their friends’ category *

1 Like

I’ve watched so many that I sometimes can’t remember them all when I get asked for recommendations. This way they are all in one place.:blush: Check out the “Underrated Gems” collection, too.

https://www.viki.com/collections/3295461l-underrated-gems

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I love this one too! Two movies with Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo young??!! Sign me UPPP!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Let’s hope they give me a better experience with Korean movies :joy:
However, Because this is My First Life, is DEFINITELY not underrated :grin:

2 Likes

You won’t be disappointed.:blush:

1 Like

Midnight Runners and Suspect So Good!

1 Like

I decided to replace Because This Is My First Life with Defendant.:blush:

2 Likes

Just started watching a heist/thriller series called Lupin (on NF) with the boys and it’s very promising.

1 Like

I was thinking of watching that one. I heard it’s similar to La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) which is one of my favourite shows.

1 Like

We only saw the first episode but I really like it. We will probably finish the rest of first season this weekend. I heard the season 2 will come out in December.

1 Like