Help me understand Viki

I’ll see what I can do. Maybe I’ll try to put it in bullet point format.

2 Likes

The Tech department must have fixed that bc when I change the profile pic and I log in to DISCUSSION it’s already changed to the picture in my profile without having to do all those things I had told you to do so I deleted that to not confuse anyone. I wonder how you understood my instructions…:rofl:

4 Likes

Since @angelight313_168 deleted the post with the instructions that I followed, I’ll try to get all the major points. She can correct me if I missed something or got something wrong. I will type this under the assumption that you are truly starting from scratch.

1. First, log out of Discussions. (click on the profile circle in top right, scroll to bottom of drop down menu if needed, and click on ‘log out’)

2. Go to your regular Viki profile page (again, you get there by clicking on the round profile icon in the top right from the home page and then choose ‘profile’ from the drop down menu)

3. Click on the ‘edit profile’ button near the top left.

4. Even if you already have a profile picture there, you will need to replace it as if you are starting from nothing. Choose your pic (It can still be the same one you may have already had) and upload it.

5. Once this picture shows up on your actual profile page at Viki, you will then log out of your Viki account.

6. Log back into your Viki account and make sure the profile pic is still showing in the little profile icon at the top right of the page.

7. At this point you can then go back to Discussions and log back in. Make sure you are not going to Discussions through a bookmark or something where it has you ‘remembered’ and thus automatically signed in. The best way is to click on ‘community’ from top of Viki home page and then ‘Discussions’ at the top of that page - presumably the way you got to Discussions in the first place. Your profile pic should now automatically show up in Discussions as well.

There was one other step that was described to me, but I did not have to do that one to get mine to work, so I hope this works for you, too. And I hope my instructions are easy to follow. Good luck.

1 Like

@my_happy_place

@imshivani235_850 I believe doesn’t have a Rakuten Viki profile page so your/those instructions won’t work; so hopefully someone else can help on how to add a picture in this discussion area only. I don’t know how is done.

1 Like

Really? I guess I didn’t even realize you could be at Discussions without a Viki profile. In that case, I can’t help because that was my whole problem - that I couldn’t get a profile picture to load here.

Oh well, I think I’m going to copy those instructions over to the other thread, though, so maybe someone else can find them someday, if needed.

1 Like

@my_happy_place

lol hopefully someone here knows and can help us out.

PS. I thought kdrama came through dramalist but she does have a viki profile page.

1 Like

Hi :raising_hand_woman:t2:‍♀
I’ll try help you!

1. Click in this link, it’s your page at Viki
    https://www.viki.com/users/imshivani235_850/overview

2. Click at “edit your profile”
    And it’s similar as the others social apps

Then it’s done, just waiting a few to here change too, but here change automatically :blush:

2 Likes

Mine would never change here automatically, that’s why I had to follow the above steps. I think it has to do with the fact that I already had a profile picture in place at my Viki account when I came here and for whatever reason it never transferred over.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s. The first time it’s happen with me too, but now it’s normal for me. I don’t know…

2 Likes

@marcela_athaydes

I believe the technical department took notice and fixed that bc once I change my pic at viki profile when I come to discussion is already change, and I have to do nothing like I used to have to do.

Thanks for your help you even found the viki profile for @imshivani235_850 !

2 Likes

Yes, I think and hope keep better as now!
Imagine, it was no big deal, I love helping!:grin:

2 Likes

I do not see any profile pic settings in my discussions profile, only the cover I can edit or add a picture. Whatever you upload on your viki account profile and use your name will transfer to your discussions forum/board profile.

2 Likes

Oh another thing I have found is the App is very different from the PC. I use my PC for discussions. The app I cannot get on discussions without doing ALL kinds of backwards stuff to get outside the app and onto my PC through my phone! Some things update differently from App to PC. Generally I use my PC for most things except I do have to do a few things in the App for my Collections! It’s a little trying but you get the hang of it.

2 Likes
1 Like

@leerla73 The last posting in the thread you suggested to @imshivani235_850 now in 2021 was back in 2014 exactly 7 years ago. There’s nothing much there that can help him/her si

.(https://
leerla73
hey guys. so im confused.
image xenananacho how does viki work? like i know i can watch dramas and other stuff, but watching dramas alone doesnt seem like the only thing this site offers. i also know i can subtitle, but im scared i’ll mess things up lol. and im looking for friends to fangirl on korean dramas and actors and gUYS and music and food and anything with bc im so alone and lonely and miserable and i have nothing else to do except wait for days to pass so new episodes can be uploaded. 으히히힝 ^^

@leerla73
You are trying to help out and that’s nice but you gave a thread from 2014 that doesn’t apply to current time some of the links don’t work and some are even dangerous my spyware warned me about a link I just clicked on.

It will be nice if you suggest an old thread you check it will meet the person’s needs. I always say this old threads NEED to be removed. 2013, 2014, 2015 , even 2016 threads need to have updated information at least so others can benefit not find non working links or worse yet OUTDATED information.

I wished for once they listen to me, and get rid of all this old post that serves no purpose in the current time, and just leave the new RAKUTENVIKI.com new additions and more modern options like links that are current and provide new changes, and new instructions and so on…

I found it useful, the links may not work, but the advice, in response to the topic, by others who are still active here in Discussions is still valid.

If anyone click on a bad link that is recommended in any past, or current threads do not proceed

2 Likes

@leerla73

Too late for that. Thank GOD I have protection, and it warned me I had gone to an infected link. I had to do a clean up so be careful ppl…what link you click on.

PS twitter.com/xenananacho
has a twitter account no RViki account and posted last on August 4,2014. She’s no here.

Please never proceed when you click on a bad link

@leerla73

I was checking if links will serve a purpose for the new user. How am I suppose to know it was infected?

never proceed