Historical Drama Recommendations?

It seems globaltimes mentiones Viki often, another take on a historical chdrama… but also about Chinese novels, yesterday I learnt that the drama Decoded was also based on a book and has gained international interest, the book was even published in German!!!
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1004792.shtml
Another news I saw this morning, gotta find the link, in regards NIF, a wax statue of Nihuang was added to Madame Tussauds Cabinet in Beijing :grin: :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello, Linda!We have finished our report, this is the link, hope you enjoy it! Thank you! http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1007741.shtml

1 Like

I’m watching Scarlet heart: Goryeo. The lead actress is the UI. I would recommend this. :smile:

1 Like

btw Empress of China was great!!!

Xie, xie, the article was quite well written, I too sub in German, moderate dramas and help German newcomers at Viki… (that was not really asked…)

2 Likes

I did…but now I think you’ve made me both a bit famous and infamous.

I may have to come up with a new courtesy name for myself…(grin)

Crouching Dieter, Hidden Donut
Always more than a dozen good reason to both volunteer and WATCH Chinese Drama…and Asian Drama as a whole. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it. I enjoy it, and I do watch it again from time to time - my favorite bits at least. :slight_smile:

Not 10 times, the whole thing like Nirvana in Fire…but that’s because NIF is…NIF.

Empress of China is really enjoyable for the most part…and Fan Bing Bing is REALLY a striking actress. It has a pretty good cast around here, and the script is good for the most part too. It’s a pity they changed the costumes…but well…that’s what it took to air it. You can tell where they added material.

1 Like

And they should…maybe the whole cast. Fei Liu. :slight_smile: Commander Meng. :slight_smile: yeah ok. Everybody.

With Xia Jiang lying on his back and everyone’s foot on his chest. :slight_smile:

And the same for the evil Marquis…

Is it wrong to like Nihuang actually riding to the rescue? sigh. The armor is even correct. NO silly “girl volcanoes”. Real working armor.

Even though her life is far from perfect, I’d like to wake up and find I’m Nihuang…

1 Like

SHR for short is good for the male lead. The gal…not so much.

The problem is that well, it’s based on SH…and that had Liu Shi Shi. Wayyy stronger actress.

Anyway…my take…Lee is outshining Nicky Wu…BUT…ok. The rest of the princes in SHR?

Not going to beat out SH’s group…Yuan Hong as the 13th…LGX as the 14th…the 8th…yeah. Nicky was IMHO the weakest of the entire group really. Lee has him beat as the intimidating man who will be king/emperor.

But what really makes the show work is that female lead being really, really strong. UI is trying. But those are big shoes to fill from a not so big woman with a big heart…Liu Shi Shi.

It’s fun to watch, wish we had it HERE!

Yeah I want Sanada Maru too…but no dice.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the original version. But there’s always some disagreements, the role of the 4th Prince (Lee Joon-Gi) made me want to see … He reminds me of the bad mood of the Hwang Tae Kyung (You’re beautiful) xD
There were a couple of moments that I found the UI performance weak, I mean I also think whether to cry at times, but it seems that she does so with alarming frequency. And now that I’m in the middle of the drama I can’t stop!

Lee is the pillar. We can only hope she doesn’t stagger into him too hard and knock him down. He’s ripping my heart out with those eyes…

Sorry, but the only comparison this year is with Six Flying Dragons. Lee’s performance is close to what Yoo Ah In did. Six, without Yoo Ah In…is nothing. Swordfighters were nice…but Yoo Ah In is the center.

SHR needs to stay away from making UI the center. She’s not Liu Shi Shi. IF you see Scarlet Heart, you will then understand what I’m saying. There the GIRL is the center.

SHR better stay with Lee. SHR’s first episode isn’t anything…I was “take it or leave it”. UNTIL Lee arrives.

IF this shifts back to just the girl on her own, it’s in trouble.

Again, my opinions. :slight_smile:
CD, HD

1 Like